Subject: Suspicious Activity from Potential client

deeba12345

Question

Subject: Suspicious Activity from Potential Client

Dear community Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to bring to your attention a concerning interaction I had with a potential client on your platform.I received a message from a user requesting my email address for completing a transaction outside of Fiverr. This raised some red flags for me as it goes against Fiverr's policies and guidelines. Despite my attempts to redirect the conversation back to completing the transaction through Fiverr's secure platform, the user has ceased communication.I am concerned that this user may be engaging in fraudulent activity or attempting to collect personal information from users on your platform. I wanted to report this incident to ensure the safety and integrity of the Fiverr community.Please advise on any steps I should take to protect my account and prevent similar incidents in the future. Thank you for your attention to this matter.Best regards, [deeba] [graphics-deeba]

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 answers to this question

@deeba12345 The client may be oblivious to the fact that this is not permitted — especially, if they are brand new to the platform.

You have to inform them that it is against the Terms of Service and ask them to continue the conversation or whatever business within the platform.

If they insist, you can report them and move on with your life.

• Like 2