Buyers come take an online interview then disappeared?

s_akram

Question

Are real buyers available now on Fiver? Either spammers come and drop a Telegram link fiver blocks it or after taking interviews no response from the client which I experienced recently. I had a chat with a client and he also seemed to be professional and authentic where it felt that he was convinced but then there was no update or final feedback from his end after a week had crossed almost. What's your opinion about this?

• Like 6

13 answers to this question

Just now, s_akram said:

because if he is real at least he should have confirmed me with a final update

Not every buyer does that. Some of them talk to several sellers, and pick one to work with. They don't notify the others.

1 minute ago, s_akram said:

even he is online and received my call in what's app

That one is a scammer, and you have violated Fiverr's Terms of Service. All the communication has to go through Fiverr.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

I have the video call option, as do many Fiverr sellers. I am not sure at which level it is available. 

Your average order price has to be $50 or more for the button to appear in the inbox. 

Edited by mandyzines
  • Like 4

23 minutes ago, illustrografix said:

Here, two things happened. Firstly, after having a conversation, the buyer decided to change his mind. Secondly, the buyer is a scam. You should have a short conversation with the buyer not long.

Why I felt like he is a scam!!! because if he is real at least he should have confirmed me with a final update but no even he is online and received my call in what's app but then he said he was busy and will call me 5 mins back but then no response yet.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, catwriter said:

Not every buyer does that. Some of them talk to several sellers, and pick one to work with. They don't notify the others.

That one is a scammer, and you have violated Fiverr's Terms of Service. All the communication has to go through Fiverr.

But I need to have a virtual meeting with the client for once at least so I need to do it either on zoom or any where else fiver has no video call option.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, s_akram said:

But I need to have a virtual meeting with the client for once at least so I need to do it either on zoom or any where else fiver has no video call option.

If you don't have Zoom option in your inbox, you still have it on the order page. Communication through WhatsApp isn't allowed.

And why would you need a virtual meeting for a writing task, anyway? There are writers who have delivered over 10,000 orders without ever having a virtual meeting.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I am not sure at which level it is available. 

OP is a new seller with no sales, so they probably don't have that option. And they probably don't really need it, anyway (they offer writing, and I better not comment on that).

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, catwriter said:

OP is a new seller with no sales, so they probably don't have that option.

That is what I thought. 

7 minutes ago, catwriter said:

And they probably don't really need it, anyway (they offer writing, and I better not comment on that).

They offer ChatGPT prompts, which I do not consider writing. But you are wise not to comment on the OP's writing. 

• Like 3