fraudsters

celine_ben

Question

hello

I posted 2 services, I have requests for freelance work, they ask me to contact them by telegram, I think they are fraudsters?
Maybe you can tell me more?
I replied to see: ok but you pay via fiverr.
Thank you for your answers.

• Like 3

4 answers to this question

Don't contact them through Telegram or any other off-site way. If they ask you to contact off Fiverr say to them that Fiverr rules say all contact must be on Fiverr.

The Terms of Service https://www.fiverr.com/legal-portal/legal-terms/terms-of-service

says:

Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of Fiverr in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform is not permitted.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ana_tomy said:

all information and file exchanges must be performed exclusively on Fiverr's platform.

According to this help page about delivering an order: https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010639437-Delivering-an-order

Fiverr says:

Troubleshoot file attachments or technical errors

If the file you'd like to deliver is too big, or you experience technical limitations, you may use alternative methods to send a file (e.g., a dropbox link).

For any additional issues, please feel free to contact our Customer Support team.

So I assume it's still okay to use dropbox or similar for the reason above (eg. if there's technical limitations uploading the files to Fiverr)

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, uk1000 said:

So I assume it's still okay to use dropbox or similar for the reason above (eg. if there's technical limitations uploading the files to Fiverr)

Hi @uk1000,

Sure thing, as long as you share the link with them, and chat with the user through the Fiverr platform so that the technical steps can be completed as well (Gig status change, additional options, etc.) ☺️

• Like 3