Unexpected Order Cancellation

Hello Everyone,

I have had a bad experience with an order. I did a logo and business card for a new client. He was happy with it. Anyway, he requested an order revision. Then I was providing the revisions. As per the last message, He said "I love the cards thank you 🙏🏾" unfortunately morning I received a message saying "This order was canceled due to missing your delivery due date of Jan 23, 2024."

Normally if a buyer requests some revisions, I do that and wait to get the client's response. Sometimes it will take more than 2-3 weeks to get a response from the buyer and make multiple changes. That time "Time left to Deliver = 00 mins" I never knew that an order can cancelled only from the client's end when it's under revision though I've been selling on Fiverr since 2015. I just tried to leave a message to that buyer.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I'd appreciate your insights and advice on how to handle such cases.

Thank you,

Yash.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, exdesigns said:

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I'd appreciate your insights and advice on how to handle such cases.

Did you deliver the order or you just sent the files without marking the order as delivered? 

• Like 10

51 minutes ago, exdesigns said:

Till yesterday, I was providing him some some change. But I didn't re-deliver the order. 

Most likely CS canceled it. I don't think buyers can choose to cancel an order that's in revision mode.

• Like 12

@donnovan86 I contacted customer support, They told me this, 

"Buyer is no longer available on our platform, so our system has automatically canceled this order for you.
The message you received seems to be a mistake. I assure you it has nothing to do with your delivery time. "  

Also they assured me that they made sure the cancelation does not affect my Completion rate. 

Thank you very much for giving your opinions regarding this issue. 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, exdesigns said:

@fastadking No I didn't, Is that ethical to as from the customer support?

Hi @exdesigns

Fastadking is correct; you should write to Customer Support and ask for this to be considered for compensation. Attach proof of your delivery and send screenshots of your communications with CS about the buyer removing himself from the platform.

It sounds as if he may have taken himself off the platform just in time to try and use your work for free. In any case, the order was complete and delivered, and you should receive compensation for it. The fact that the buyer requested a revision and then disappeared is beyond your control; you did the work so Fiverr will not be surprised when you ask to be remunerated. This is normal practice and requesting compensation is something Customer Support will expect.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @fastadking, @anniejenkinson, @shibiyas 

I wanted to express my sincere gratitude for your valuable assistance in navigating the challenges I faced on Fiverr. Your recommendations were instrumental in resolving the issue, and I'm pleased to share that Fiverr Customer Support has provided compensation. Your support means a lot to me, and I truly appreciate your time and insights.

Thank you once again!

• Like 5