Fiverr Private Rating system

markauther

Hi there fellow members!!!
I came here to share my thoughts regarding Private review system of Fiverr, I think it needs to be improved, because private review is an option which is given to buyers to share their feedback regarding sellers after 24 hours of public review placed, My objection of you can say I don't agree with this review system a little flawed, For example buyers evaluate the sellers performance twice, like why? if a certain buyer leave the review publicly they a brutally honest and don't put filters I think so why do they need to review once again the seller after 24 hours?? is fiverr skeptical regarding their own sellers? Fiverr gives the reason behind private review options its for improving the seller performance? like how it would help us where we are not getting to know the flaws In our services, I received no negative review past 6-7 months with 99% 5 star rating still my gig got de-ranked, Why? and how? when I contacted my manager he said most of the buyers leave different public and private reviews?
My question is of it is for the betterment of sellers then we are not allowed to view the Private review, how can we know how we can improve where is the flaw and all that??
or if the private the review is for improvement of Fiverr platform to make the user experience better then why the seller is affected by that?

Furthermore my concern is most of the buyers don't even Bother to leave feedback, how all things are evaluated? if lets say 6 out of 10 buyers have a good experience and 4 have bad, 2 of them leave a negative review and out of 6 good experience only 1 of them leave a private review whereas rest of 5 have left good review publicly but don't bother to leave a private review how these things will work?
its not helping seller's performance at all.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, markauther said:

I came here to share my thoughts regarding Private review system of Fiverr, I think it needs to be improved, because private review is an option which is given to buyers to share their feedback regarding sellers after 24 hours of public review placed, My objection of you can say I don't agree with this review system a little flawed, For example buyers evaluate the sellers performance twice, like why? if a certain buyer leave the review publicly they a brutally honest and don't put filters I think so why do they need to review once again the seller after 24 hours?? is fiverr skeptical regarding their own sellers? Fiverr gives the reason behind private review options its for improving the seller performance? like how it would help us where we are not getting to know the flaws In our services, I received no negative review past 6-7 months with 99% 5 star rating still my gig got de-ranked, Why? and how? when I contacted my manager he said most of the buyers leave different public and private reviews?
My question is of it is for the betterment of sellers then we are not allowed to view the Private review, how can we know how we can improve where is the flaw and all that??
or if the private the review is for improvement of Fiverr platform to make the user experience better then why the seller is affected by that?

Furthermore my concern is most of the buyers don't even Bother to leave feedback, how all things are evaluated? if lets say 6 out of 10 buyers have a good experience and 4 have bad, 2 of them leave a negative review and out of 6 good experience only 1 of them leave a private review whereas rest of 5 have left good review publicly but don't bother to leave a private review how these things will work?

Been through a similar experience where my gig disappeared from search results for 90 days, after a bad private review!!

To my limited understanding, the primary purpose of private reviews is to de-clutter the search results. 

Private reviews don't really help the buyers or sellers but for a long time, a large number of sellers were performing well and way too many of us had perfect 5-star public ratings. So now private reviews work like a perfect axe to remove gigs with vintage (with consistent past performance) easily from search results for a considerable amount of time and provide better visibility to new/relatively younger gigs. 🫠

It feels unfair that one single bad private review can put our entire livelihood into a 3-6 months long spin but it is what it is!!!🥲

It kinda levels the field more in favour of new sellers. The effect of private reviews remains same for them too but yet there are way too many of them at the bottom of the pyramid, who eventually make their way to the search results (20 pages | 960 gigs) due to this pivot.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, markauther said:

I remember that @vickiespencer got a great advice from her success manager. Basically, it was to ask her regular buyers (that is, buyers she knows are happy with her work) to leave a review whenever Fiverr prompts them. She's doing it within her delivery message, and it did help.

I don't remember the exact wording she's using in her delivery message, though, I just remember that it's well put. Vickie, do you mind sharing? 🙂

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth I second either removing the private review or lessening it's effect. I guess my main issue isn't that it exists but that if I get one I get no defense and won't even know. In the US (at least in the realm of law) you get the right to face your accuser :P. I'd greatly prefer a system where maybe a customer support member studies the order and see if the bad review was warranted in their opinion at least. That would at least offer some protection to the buyer.

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 1:57 PM, markauther said:

I agree with you 1000% because it's very frustrating 99 out of 100 clients give positive feedback but if one gives negative feedback fiverr  de-ranks the seller's profile just because of one negative feedback. It takes two to three months to recover.

If there is no repeat buyer order then it becomes very difficult to return to the rank, sometimes many people are permanently down-ranked. In my opinion it should be the fiverr fix.

And another thing if client gives me negative rating on private review then it doesn't help us at all because we don't know which client gave us negative feedback for what. And many a times client goes offline for 10 to 15 days after taking a job, when he comes back popup appears on his screen to give private feedback, client may ignore it to save time or give negative feedback unknowingly. That is enough to destroy a seller's ranked profile .

Another thing  this is my personal opinion fiverr should consider is to de-rank a seller's profile when they get 30% to 40% negative feedback but in fiber they de-rank the profile if 1% out of 99% negative feedback.

• Like 6