Do you put Fiverr experience on your CV?

bitwiseauto

Hi,

For the freelancers out there who have gigs which use the same skills as their regular day jobs, have you added your experience from Fiverr on to your CV? If so, has the Fiverr stuff ever been mentioned in an interview when applying for a new job? was it negative or positive reaction? I'm weighing up the pros and cons of putting it in but still undecided. Hoping to get some thoughts and experiences from the forum please.

• Like 15
  • Up 1

Ideally, one should avoid that because it would make the corporates look at the person with suspicion, as the employee might be committed to a freelance project during/post working hours. A lot of corporates also clearly bar their employees from pursuing any external opportunities in the appointment letters too!!

I have even seen them rejecting candidates if let's say a person quit their job to pursue entrepreneurial ambitions for a few years but now wants to return to the fold!! 🥲

• Like 15
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, priyank_mod said:

Ideally, one should avoid that because it would make the corporates look at the person with suspicion, as the employee might be committed to a freelance project during/post working hours. A lot of corporates also clearly bar their employees from pursuing any external opportunities in the appointment letters too!!

I have even seen them rejecting candidates if let's say a person quit their job to pursue entrepreneurial ambitions for a few years but now wants to return to the fold!! 🥲

This was exactly my concern too. Not from a contractual perspective, but more a question over my commitment to both the job and freelancing at the same time.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, navid_zafar said:

Its better to mention it on LinkedIn profile, rather than your CV.

Not really.

Recruiters scour through🧐 the Linkedin profiles more enthusiastically these days, than the CV's in the mailbox!! 

Edited by priyank_mod
  • Like 9