Android/IOS App: Now you can permanently delete your account.

yasir_wd

Hey Community!

As per new Android and IOS app updates, now you can deactivate or permanently delete your account from mobile.

Profile icon > Settings Account > Account management

1. Deactivation: This can be done through both desktop and mobile app now. Can be reactivated again talking to the customer support.

2. Deletion: It will permanently delete your account and will not reactivate again.

On Desktop: You have to request customer support to permanently delete your account. They will ask for some verification.

But on App: You can directly delete your account permanently, without customer support and verification process. It will not reactivate again.

What's your feedback on this new update?

Edited by yasir_wd
Minor edit
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, filipdevaere said:

I was looking at how smart you are. You passed the test.

I think on mobile app, there should also be a customer support request and verification process before deleting a user account. What if a user unintentionally or accidentally delete the account permanently from mobile app?

• Like 7

1 hour ago, yasir_wd said:

What if a user unintentionally or accidentally delete the account permanently from mobile app?

I had my account deactivated by a hacker who logged on from desktop mode and requested via customer support to shut down my account permanently. Luckily it was only deactivated and I received an email from Fiverr CS saying:

image.png.3ae89d37421467dab104e88985a5cbdc.png

I was able to get my account back. I know I'm not the only one it's happened to, and another seller came on the forum stating his kids accidentally deleted his account (and he got his account back). If kids can do it on a desktop, they can definitely do it on a mobile.

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

I agree with that.

I also find it hard to believe that they would make something so final, so easy to do on the mobile app:

image.png.fa59f9c657f14c3d9ae6ddd7e7e04543.png

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I was able to get my account back. I know I'm not the only one it's happened to, and another seller came on the forum stating his kids accidentally deleted his account (and he got his account back). If kids can do it on a desktop, they can definitely do it on a mobile.

Of course, kids can or even we can deactivate account by some accidental clicks. But "deactivate" account is not an issue. Just you have to write a text "Please reactivate my account" and send it to customer support email address and they will immediately reactivate your account.

But kids can't "permanently" delete account from desktop because it need customer support request and verification process.

45 minutes ago, vickieito said:

I also find it hard to believe that they would make something so final, so easy to do on the mobile app

But on mobile app, they have made it direct "permanently" delete the account option without any customer support or verification process.  That's not just kids but user can also unintentionally or accidentally delete and it's clearly stated that "Once you permanently delete you account you will NOT be able to reactivate it and the process cannot be reversed."

50 minutes ago, vickieito said:

my account deactivated by a hacker who logged on from desktop mode and requested via customer support to shut down my account permanently. Luckily it was only deactivated

As you also mentioned a hacker recently tried to shut down your account but luckily  it was just "deactivated" and you got it back. What if some hackers now try to log in through app and there is "permanent" delete option available for them.

Fiverr should remove this option from mobile app.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...