Twice being defrauded on here, no help

michael_timm

I have been twice been defrauded in a very short time and can’t trust this site anymore. 
I started a GoFundMe campaign to get some funds to safe my dog from the possible of being put to sleep. This is because of a ban that is coming in the UK

Twice I have accepted help from people on this site, lost a total of $300 and received nothing in return. I’m on a rather low income, and only paid this money because I was promised a good return in donations, which would have helped me with the extra costs in regards of my dog, including equipment and medical vet bills and a trainer. 
but nothing. I’ve bred promised much, parted with my money and that’s it. At the same time, because the 2nd person explained they needed access to my Twitter account, to run the campaign. Naive as I was, I gave in. This was followed by a complete take over of that  account which I also now lost. 

I thought there was some kind of support and secured on this site, but I guess I was either wrong, or so far hidden that I can’t find it. 
I’m not going to use this site again. So disappointed in this site. I’m likely not getting my money back, which I should be entitled to. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 4

11 minutes ago, majidshowghi said:

What is this about? Is there anywhere on Fiverr where we can do charity? I thought it was only a freelancing website.

The OP has hired two freelancers on Fiverr to help them with their GoFundMe campaign. There are plenty of gigs promising help with crowdfunding campaigns (writing, promotion, help getting backers...).

• Like 13
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, catwriter said:

The OP has hired two freelancers on Fiverr to help them with their GoFundMe campaign.

These are both new sellers (who started in Aug 2023 and Oct 2023) and I can't see their gigs or their buyer reviews. I do question the quality of these two sellers' services, and if they can deliver what they promise.

9 hours ago, michael_timm said:

I thought there was some kind of support and secured on this site, but I guess I was either wrong, or so far hidden that I can’t find it. 

5 hours ago, shaunbaines said:

I suggest contacting fiverr support who may be able to help in this matter. You can do this by emailing support@fiverr.com

Hi @michael_timm, In addition to @shaunbaines's suggestions above, you can submit a help desk ticket for each of your orders here to request compensation and report the sellers:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/buying-on-fiverr/my-orders/current-orders/issue-with-an-order/create-ticket

@Lena, are you able to help @michael_timm? Thank you!

• Like 18

I have been twice been defrauded in a very short time and can’t trust this site anymore. 
I started a GoFundMe campaign to get some funds to safe my dog from the possible of being put to sleep. This is because of a ban that is coming in the UK

Twice I have accepted help from people on this site, lost a total of $300 and received nothing in return. I’m on a rather low income, and only paid this money because I was promised a good return in donations, which would have helped me with the extra costs in regards of my dog, including equipment and medical vet bills and a trainer. 
but nothing. I’ve bred promised much, parted with my money and that’s it. At the same time, because the 2nd person explained they needed access to my Twitter account, to run the campaign. Naive as I was, I gave in. This was followed by a complete take over of that  account which I also now lost. 

I’m not going to use this site again. So disappointed in this site. I’m likely not getting my money back, which I should be entitled to. 

Hello @michael_timm

I have opened a new ticket regarding this issue. Please be patient and check your email regularly, as our customer support team will contact you soon.

Thank you. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3