Is there any way to know why a FIVERR seller is "No Longer Available?"

andrewbarry709

Question

I've worked with a voice actor for several episodes of a project I'm working on.  I ordered another episode and the actor seemed happy to do it.  After the order was placed and the actor had accepted it, I received notice saying the actor was "No Longer Available" and my money was refunded.

This is a major problem for me as I now have to hire someone else (and pay for the same service again) to go back and rerecord all the actor has recorded for the series to keep it consistent.  Obviously, I have no way to contact the actor to find out what happened.  I have to assume the actor violated some kind of FIVERR rule and was suspended.  Is there some set length of time a seller is suspended before being given another chance?  Like maybe a week or something?

How can I contact someone at FIVERR to find out what happened?  I keep thinking the situation is going to be rectified but it's been 5 days I can't wait any longer.  Is there someone at FIVERR I can contact to get answers?

• Like 7

6 answers to this question

Maybe Fiverr could add a search a search by voice similarity for things like this (it could be suggested to them though it would probably take some time for it to be implemented).

Though if they're no longer on Fiverr you could try searching Fiverr for other VO gigs by the "Voice Over options" filter where you can select the same tone, accent, age range, gender etc. as the previous VO seller's gig and maybe filter by seller location. Maybe it wouldn't need to be exactly the same for it to be similar enough.

The seller also might be on some other freelance website where they're available.

Is there some set length of time a seller is suspended before being given another chance? 

This talks about suspensions etc:

https://help.fiverr.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014585217-Suspended-accounts

but if they were just temporarily restricted then it says they can complete current orders. So if it was something Fiverr did it seems like it's more than a suspension if they're not letting them complete their current orders.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, vibronx said:

If you can’t find the seller’s profile while in incognito mode, they likely got banned. Sellers usually don’t come back from that.

Hi @andrewbarry709,

In May, I had my Fiverr account shut down by a hacker (right when a customer made a revision request). The hacker had withdrawn all my earnings and then submitted a request to close my account. This immediately canceled all my orders in queue and kicked me out of Fiverr. I had no way to contact my buyers, until Fiverr restored my account 6 days later.

I was lucky that all of my buyers allowed me to create new orders for them because my recommendation would have been to find another seller - as @vibronx said, most sellers who are shut down don't come back. Such accounts are usually under review for Fiverr ToS violations (which can take as long as 90 days, before being permanently removed from the platform).

Even though all my buyers still stuck with me, not being able to communicate for 6 days really hurt my Buyer Satisfaction Rate. Especially for the customer whose order was canceled right when she made the revision request. She was very skeptical and disgruntled that her order was abruptly canceled (with no further contact from me).

4 hours ago, andrewbarry709 said:

How can I contact someone at FIVERR to find out what happened? 

Fiverr didn't notify my customers when I asked  CS to contact all my buyers on my behalf. It's probably due to a privacy issue. So CS may just tell you to find another seller if you ask.

• Like 7
  • Up 2