Need advice

segalemoshes915

Question

Hi Everyone

I have done a few projects and when is time for payment, they send me to show that money was paid but later I receive letters that I need to pay a certain fee because my money is on hold  please check  below

Dear Customer, We wish to inform you that the withdrawal of $4,200.00 USD to your PayPal Account is currently pending as you've not linked your account to our International Payment Server. During our regular systems maintenance, we noticed that your profile details are incomplete. As our security policy we have placed a Temporary Hold on your withdrawal activities to your account for further verifications. You are required to link your account to the International Payment Server to ensure this transaction to be successful into your account during this verification process. As an extra security procedure you will have to purchase an Authentication Code to activate and authorize the transaction. This code (One - Time Pin) will be required to validate your details. REQUIREMENTS 1. A valid ID card 2. A clear Passport/Photo 3. Authentication Code purchasing fee $350.00 The fee will be added back to your balance once linking is successful. Failure to provide correct details or complete the verification process will lead to your payment being permanently locked out. Best Regards, Finance Dept.

• Like 2

7 answers to this question

This has nothing to do with Fiverr.

On Fiverr, a buyer places order (through Fiverr) and pays for it, you deliver (also through Fiverr), and you can withdraw your earnings 2 weeks after the order was marked as complete.

If they have contacted through Fiverr and asked you to work outside of Fiverr, you have violated Fiverr's Terms of Service by accepting to do it (and could get permanently banned from Fiverr for it), and those people have scammed you.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, shaharinca said:

Maybe they are scammer

Maybe? 

23 minutes ago, catwriter said:

Considering the information they're asking for, this could easily be an attempt at identity theft.

Why even go to the trouble of stealing their identity, if they can just ask for $350 directly lol.

This is not a "maybe", this is not sophisticated, this is not a grand operation. This is as basic as it gets, and if someone needs to come and ask about it, they shouldn't be allowed on the internet in the first place. It's straight up saying "hey, I have money for you, pay me first and then I'll send you the money". If someone approached you on the street and said "hey, give me 20 bucks, and I'll come back here tomorrow and give you $200", would anyone fall for the "scam"? I fail to see the difference.

Edited by visualstudios
  • Like 4