How does Fiverr protect sellers from exploit

itsnoemipasztor

Question

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and just got an interest from a buyer on my first gig, which got me wondering.

How am I being protected and how does the whole process go? I've just created an offer, broken it down into milestones, and waiting the approval. 

So how is the flow? When can I start work? And how am I sure that the buyer will pay? He will deposit the funds to fiverr, and fiverr guards it until completion?
The other thing is let's say I complete the project, and the buyer even though the work is good, decides that he doesn't like it and won't pay. Or how does that go?

If you have any good articles or videos about my questions feel free to post them below or reply with your own experiences or thoughts. It's very much appreciated, and thank you everyone! 🙂

• Like 6

2 answers to this question

This is a good post 

https://www.quora.com/How-does-Fiverr-protect-buyers-and-sellers/answer/Mikeyway-1?ch=10&oid=1477743673556639&share=bdbd443c&srid=3p8I1w&target_type=answer

Nothing is perfect, and you still can get conned by "free work-seeking" buyers. It is always important to be careful with spammy messages from buyers or if they ask you to communicate/do business outside of Fiverr etc. Analyze their profiles, don't offer unlimited revisions - a "weapon" for this kind of buyers.

• Like 7
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, itsnoemipasztor said:

Hi everyone! I'm new here, and just got an interest from a buyer on my first gig, which got me wondering.

How am I being protected and how does the whole process go? I've just created an offer, broken it down into milestones, and waiting the approval. 

So how is the flow? When can I start work? And how am I sure that the buyer will pay? He will deposit the funds to fiverr, and fiverr guards it until completion?
The other thing is let's say I complete the project, and the buyer even though the work is good, decides that he doesn't like it and won't pay. Or how does that go?

If you have any good articles or videos about my questions feel free to post them below or reply with your own experiences or thoughts. It's very much appreciated, and thank you everyone! 🙂

You need to stay positive. If you owe it, you’ll be paid.

• Like 4