Stalked by ex-client

sam_makes_stuff

Question

I'm being stalked by a crazy ex-client and need advice. Today marks the 4th or so time this person has created a new profile just to harass me. Whenever I contact Fiverr support, they ban the new account but I'm not sure how effective banning his email or IP or credit card will be as he can just create a new one. Thankfully I have some details on him and know which state of America he lives in. Can anyone advise me on how to proceed? Will speaking to authorities in his state help? Is there something Fiverr can do that will actually work?
  • Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 2

10 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, sam_makes_stuff said:
I'm being stalked by a crazy ex-client and need advice. Today marks the 4th or so time this person has created a new profile just to harass me. Whenever I contact Fiverr support, they ban the new account but I'm not sure how effective banning his email or IP or credit card will be as he can just create a new one. Thankfully I have some details on him and know which state of America he lives in. Can anyone advise me on how to proceed? Will speaking to authorities in his state help? Is there something Fiverr can do that will actually work?

Forget Fiverr, contact the state police and present your evidence. 

• Like 14
  • Up 1

4 minutes ago, sam_makes_stuff said:

There's a problem - he hasn't made violent threats against me which I imagine would be required for them to take it seriously (and even then, would they?)

Oh, then you should just walk away. I thought you were actually being threatened. 

• Like 11
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, milos_siena said:

The CS could ban his IP since he doesn't come from countries where numerous households share the same IP. Then again, he can change the IP/use VPN. They can ban his PayPal mail or credit card, he will get tired of changing payment methods.

A good idea. Surely this is something Fiverr can do.

• Like 4