Fiverr must do automatic Evaluation for Top Rated Seller instead of manual choosen.

jazzydxb

31 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

...and it's due to pricing...Let's face it...no one at Fiverr goes through hundreds of thousands of sellers every month. I am pretty sure they do have a semi-automated system to disqualify people using their own criteria. If they don't.. they should.

They shouldn't just disqualify people from TRS if it's about pricing - those are the things they should let sellers know about. There's no reason not to tell sellers about (at least some of) those things, and in some requirements section and with sellers being able to see that reason for not getting the TRS badge (or that it was one of the things that prevented them going further in the checks).

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

We don't know if they do or not.

Though we can get quite a good idea if they're basing it on gig prices by doing a search on the site for a particular subcategory. eg. there's only 1 TRS with a gig in "Writing & Translation->Articles & Blog Posts" that is $5, and that $5 gig was created after they became TRS. Though it might also be based on word count too.

So it might be impossible currently to become a TRS at a time when you have $5 gigs in the Writing & Translation->Articles & Blog Posts subcategory.

Though there are $5 gigs in other subcategories by TRS sellers but they might have lower minimums for the threshold for TRS in those subcategories. They could also have increased the minimum basic package price to become a TRS at some point.

Though it could also be based on average selling price rather than the gig package prices.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, visualstudios said:

We don't know if they do or not. We also don't really know if it's a "manual process", or quite automated by now. That's the point, we can't know, because it's not public. It's all speculation. 

Clearly they don't take into account $5 and even $10 sellers. I know that for a fact because I am within that category, my BSR has been good for many months and if you check any of the TRS at these prices have been nominated pre-2020 in most cases, if not a long time before that. 

4 hours ago, visualstudios said:

We can of course infer, but correlation does not mean causation. It may be likely, but there's no way to know.

Well the proof is in the pudding right? Most TRS these days have prices over $15 and $20, so there is a low price, even in their documentation Fiverr said something about minimal price when becoming a TRS, which obviously infers there's a treshold. Not that it matters. I know for a fact I won't become a TRS again unless I increase my prices quite a bit, which I intended to anyway, then AI came along and changed the writing category quite a lot. As in ...WAAAYY less sales for anyone. 

• Like 3