How to sell long-term programming services

olivier_matrot

Hello everyone, from France.

I'm a free-lance software engineer, and I wonder how to properly configure my profile to sale long-term services with an amount per day?

I have the impression that fiverr is best suited for short term missions. In my case I would like a bill for each day spent working.

Thanks for your advice.

All the best.

• Like 11

45 minutes ago, visualstudios said:

The platform desperately needs hourly/retainer deals, but they simply do not implement them.

Absolutely freaking no. I love fiverr precisely because they don’t have that option and no one can even think about that option. 
Just because I do calligraphy in 5 min it doesn’t mean I should be paid for 5 min. Some amateur will spend 2 hours on the same thing and will be paid for 2 hours just because they are incompetent or learning in the process? Mmmm no. 
and I see the same for many other industries including coding: yes there can be unpredictable things in coding and running into problems but why someone who’s good and can finish their work fast should be paid less than someone who is in general slower? Freelancing is not a payroll to sit and do daily jobs. 

• Like 10
  • Up 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mariashtelle1 said:

Absolutely freaking no. I love fiverr precisely because they don’t have that option and no one can even think about that option. 
Just because I do calligraphy in 5 min it doesn’t mean I should be paid for 5 min. Some amateur will spend 2 hours on the same thing and will be paid for 2 hours just because they are incompetent or learning in the process? Mmmm no. 

Options = good. You don't want it, great. It should still be an option. Certain tasks work much better as retainers our hourly (these two aren't even the same thing). I want the option to tell a client - hire me for x amount of time for y. That would be great for me, personally. As for the person who is good getting paid less for doing it faster... Not at all. That's why my hourly rate is much higher than the hourly rate of someone who's slower than me.

• Like 11

9 hours ago, visualstudios said:

I don't want Fiverr to be (just) a burger joint. Way too low value. More options = options at different values.

9 hours ago, visualstudios said:

That's called a food court, and it's a great invention

Burger King (selling only burgers) has more brand value than a food court that sells different varieties and quantities...just saying!

• Like 4
  • Up 3