My Gig Has Been Deranked for More Than 3 Months (Top Rated Seller)

zachyde

Question

Hey there,

I hope everyone is doing well.

As the title suggests, back in June, my gig's impressions and clicks dropped significantly. Since I've been on the platform for some time, I interpreted this sudden change as the classic 'Gig Rotation'. It happened to me before, so I wasn't worried.

However, the problem has been going on for more than 3 months now! Before today, I used to find my gig on the search page when I toggled with the seller detail tab (filter by top rated sellers). Despite that, I was mostly on the last page of the search results. However, I attempted to do that today, but my gig was nowhere to be found.

As a cherry on top, I received a notification today letting me know that my Gigs are no longer promotable. It's not like I was receiving any orders from the promoted gig feature, but it feels like the platform has given up on me.

In all honesty, my gig saw a spike in impressions for a single day. Unfortunately, it didn't convert, which I suppose was interpreted as a bad sign! However, it doesn't seem fair to give my gig a one-day chance and then drop it off the search altogether.

Currently, I'm only receiving a fraction of my previous orders (mainly from older buyers). I only get 5-star reviews with over 1,000 positive reviews.

Support gave me the standard response of "the algorithm is doing its thing."

I would appreciate any help from the community!

Screenshot 2023-09-09 153848.png

• Like 32
  • Sad 8
  • Up 1

13 answers to this question

On 9/9/2023 at 7:39 AM, zachyde said:

Hey there,

I hope everyone is doing well.

As the title suggests, back in June, my gig's impressions and clicks dropped significantly. Since I've been on the platform for some time, I interpreted this sudden change as the classic 'Gig Rotation'. It happened to me before, so I wasn't worried.

However, the problem has been going on for more than 3 months now! Before today, I used to find my gig on the search page when I toggled with the seller detail tab (filter by top rated sellers). Despite that, I was mostly on the last page of the search results. However, I attempted to do that today, but my gig was nowhere to be found.

As a cherry on top, I received a notification today letting me know that my Gigs are no longer promotable. It's not like I was receiving any orders from the promoted gig feature, but it feels like the platform has given up on me.

In all honesty, my gig saw a spike in impressions for a single day. Unfortunately, it didn't convert, which I suppose was interpreted as a bad sign! However, it doesn't seem fair to give my gig a one-day chance and then drop it off the search altogether.

Currently, I'm only receiving a fraction of my previous orders (mainly from older buyers). I only get 5-star reviews with over 1,000 positive reviews.

Support gave me the standard response of "the algorithm is doing its thing."

I would appreciate any help from the community!

Screenshot 2023-09-09 153848.png

You are lucky your issues have lasted for just a few months. It sucks that with no fault of your own, you can be weaned off Fiverr's milk without your consent. 🙂

• Like 17

On 10/6/2023 at 2:19 PM, glow_writer said:

You are lucky your issues have lasted for just a few months. It sucks that with no fault of your own, you can be weaned off Fiverr's milk without your consent. 🙂

Or it's due to people leaving a less than positive private review. We just see what's shared publicly. Buyers can also review you privately and if one or more buyers says that your work was not up to par with their expectations, then that will hurt you for months. I had only really good reviews for months and still had similar problems. Guess what, my success manager said that I had some bad private reviews, and it took a long time to get past that problem. Keep buyers happy, that's the only thing you can do. And even if you have really good public reviews, that doesn't mean you are not dealing with such an issue!

• Like 20
  • Up 3

18 hours ago, donnovan86 said:

Or it's due to people leaving a less than positive private review. We just see what's shared publicly. Buyers can also review you privately and if one or more buyers says that your work was not up to par with their expectations, then that will hurt you for months. I had only really good reviews for months and still had similar problems. Guess what, my success manager said that I had some bad private reviews, and it took a long time to get past that problem. Keep buyers happy, that's the only thing you can do. And even if you have really good public reviews, that doesn't mean you are not dealing with such an issue!

How long do you think it takes to recover from that?

• Like 13

4 hours ago, theplaguelab said:

How long do you think it takes to recover from that?

Obviously it depends on how many orders and reviews you have. If you have 5 orders a month and you had 2 negative private reviews, obviously the recovery time will be much longer when compared to having 50 orders a month or more. It's very hard to know. But it always comes down to delivering the best possible work and avoiding bad reviews. 

• Like 15

This is no doubt what I'm into right now. My very high performing gig stats randomly dropped by 95% in space of 1 week and eventually got totally lost in search result for no reason known to me. This is very disappointing. Especially seeing how long the recovery time range will be, makes it more heart breaking.

Wish Fiverr would give a shorter time recovery.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

Hey! Yes, I also got a notification with a similar thing. So my first question was how do I improve the quality of my gig. I wonder if getting more certifications & education would directly increase your ranking? But it mainly all comes down to keeping customers satisfied and deliver the work as good as possible. 🙂

• Like 10