I am New to Fiver so i am confused about how the order process works?

tanya_makkar

Hello, As i said i and new to fiver , i created a gig and now it seems somebody places an order .. In track progress, it is showing order in progess. I never accepted the order (we can accept or decline an order right?) and the client did send me the requirent questions i asked while creating the gig but never messaged me. If i dont do anything , will the order be automatically cancelled?

• Like 6

Hey, the buyer did msg me today but i still am really confused and was thinking the same thing . can u tell me more about if i dont do anything , is the order automatically cancelled?  and i have a tutoring gig, how does classes happen on fiver? video call but what are the steps.??how do i make sure that i am actually being paid at the end of day?

• Like 5

On 8/21/2023 at 6:47 PM, tanya_makkar said:

we can accept or decline an order right?

9 minutes ago, tanya_makkar said:

how do i make sure that i am actually being paid at the end of day?

No, Fiverr allows buyers to automatically place orders without contacting the seller. This is how Fiverr is set up. If the order shows up as "In Progress," that means the buyer paid for your services and you are expected to deliver the purchased service. Fiverr will release 80% of the earnings to you after you successfully deliver the order.

On 8/21/2023 at 6:47 PM, tanya_makkar said:

If i dont do anything , will the order be automatically cancelled?

This is a legitimate order - the buyer paid and provided you with order requirements.

If you don't do anything, the order will be marked as late and the buyer can cancel the order (to get their money back) and leave you a review.

Your seller stats will most likely be negatively affected (in 4 possible ways: canceled order, late order, negative public review, and a negative private review).

9 minutes ago, tanya_makkar said:

i have a tutoring gig, how does classes happen on fiver? video call but what are the steps.??

This is something that you, as a seller, decide.

How do you want to do your services? Do you have Fiverr's Zoom call? Will you be providing your own Zoom link? If so, this needs to be stipulated in the FAQs so that you don't break Fiverr's ToS.

How will you be scheduling your appointments with your buyer? How long are your sessions? I noticed on your basic and premium gigs, you only state the price (but don't state how long it will take you - this means the buyer can talk with you for as long as they want).

The best thing to do now is to talk to your buyer and find out what their expectations are, so you can find a way to deliver a satisfactory order.

You also need to update and clarify your services so that it's crystal-clear what you are offering in each of your gigs.

• Like 9
  • Up 1