Buyers DM and don't respond.

felicja_nita

Question

Hello,

I have recently opened a gig on my Fiverr page and had two people DM me (not order) a message relating to my gig. The problem is, after I asked them for more details, they have given no response; one person for two days, and the other for two weeks now. The other strange thing is that they're asking for completely different things than what the gig specifies, one of them even called me a completely different name.

I am very confused and don't know what to do, is this a very common experience here?

P.S. I apologize if I'm formatting my post wrong, I rarely post anything on forums of any kind.

• Like 8

3 answers to this question

There is nothing strange in this. Usually buyers send messages to multiple sellers at the same time and copy paste the same message to all. Now, whoever answers them first and is able to convince them will get the deal. So, try to be as active as possible in responding to buyers.

54 minutes ago, felicja_nita said:

they have given no response; one person for two days, and the other for two weeks now

Why are you waiting for their reply? I personally leave a message after 24 hours of their last message saying "Hi, I just wanted to follow up and know if this project is still available. I look forward to your response. Thanks!"... and if they don't respond to this message, I don't look back at them. Instead of wasting time waiting for them, focus on other potential buyers.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

There is nothing strange in this. Usually buyers send messages to multiple sellers at the same time and copy paste the same message to all. Now, whoever answers them first and is able to convince them will get the deal. So, try to be as active as possible in responding to buyers.

Why are you waiting for their reply? I personally leave a message after 24 hours of their last message saying "Hi, I just wanted to follow up and know if this project is still available. I look forward to your response. Thanks!"... and if they don't respond to this message, I don't look back at them. Instead of wasting time waiting for them, focus on other potential buyers.

Thank you so much! I just wish to know how I could attract more people. I don't want to be bothersome.

• Like 8

Don't worry about this. This is not new thing. Sometime buyers message and after that they didn't response to your message. Because the use to contact with multiple sellers at the same time.

Focus on your GIG, So, that you can get more messages and convert them into orders.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2