How works gig rotation period ?

charux3d

Question

7 answers to this question

Fiverr uses a system called the buyer satisfaction rate. Search results vary according to the seller performance. Gig rotation is a thing of the past, nowadays ranking is all about seller performance and how happy they make their buyers. However, new sellers do receive a boost as well.

• Like 23
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2023 at 8:35 PM, donnovan86 said:

Gig rotation is a thing of the past, nowadays ranking is all about seller performance

Actually just a small edit: Gig rotation is still a thing that exists on the platform and I know this because I am going through the same phase right now. I am a Seller Plus member, so I regularly exchange emails with my Success Manager and she told that my performance, BSR and other metrics are perfect (even better than my competitors and I am doing very well in my category), but my impressions dropped significantly due to gig rotation.

In my case, it's been confirmed by both:- Success Manager and Customer Support that it's a casual gig rotation to give others the opportunity (and has nothing to do with my BSR or performance).

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, rawque_gulia said:

In my case, it's been confirmed by both:- Success Manager and Customer Support that it's a casual gig rotation to give others the opportunity (and has nothing to do with my BSR or performance).

Obviously they allow newer sellers or older sellers with few to no orders to have the spotlight a bit. And you have some orders in queue, that might also push you back, since they want others without orders to receive the spotlight.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

Obviously they allow newer sellers or older sellers with few to no orders to have the spotlight a bit. And you have some orders in queue, that might also push you back, since they want others without orders to receive the spotlight.

Actually, nowadays I am getting orders only through promoted gigs. Whenever I enable promoted gigs, I start getting a lot of impressions (same like I was getting before....but organically) but if someday I disable promoted gigs, I get hardly 500-600 impressions a day (whereas earlier this number was in thousands).

Haha, it's like if I pay, they'll have no problem giving me impressions. But yeah, investing small amounts is fine for me as at the end of the day things are going great.

• Like 4

Just now, rawque_gulia said:

Haha, it's like if I pay, they'll have no problem giving me impressions. But yeah, investing small amounts is fine for me as at the end of the day things are going great.

I have just the opposite situation. I get natural impressions, organic. Promoted Gigs is mostly a money pit for me. At least recently, for the past 2 months (what I attached below), I paid $9 for a single $25 order that came from a PG buyer. Then again, I had organic ranking so I guess when you have that, Promoted Gigs isn't really going to work that well. 

• Like 7