Fiverr banned me forever without review

nexartdesign

Question

Hello, 

My name is Nexart Design and I was fiverr seller since 2019 till today. One day one client has given me $5 tip because of my good quality work satisfaction but she rated that order 4 stars by mistake and she asked me to change the feedback ratings, So I asked fiverr and they banned my account for 60 days and told me to wait for account review.

I provided all possibe proofs to fiver like chat and $5 tip screenshots, todays is 61st day of account review and finally got banned forever without actually reviewing my account. I never ever crossed line of fiverr guidelines but fiverr doesn't care about their sellers. I informed fiverr that I am just asking and if they can't help me that would be also fine.

Now I can not login into my accout, can not check support tickets, they just erased each and everything about my existance on fiverr. 

This is my last post for fiverr to ask, If you can really review my accout with proofs then please do it, or I do not need these kind of plateforms where nobody needs us. I suggest review in real to get reality. 

Bad Bye Everyone and I hope you doen't get banned like me, because I was sure about i've not done anything wrong but banning without review is just disgusting.

Proof of chat is attached below.

#Nobody_cares_your_Honesty

Thank you

Nexart Design

#fiverr #lastpost

chat.PNG

Edited by nexartdesign
  • Like 26
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 6
  • Thanks 1

I am missing some part of this story - did you explicitly ask the buyer to change the review? Or did the buyer just realize on their own that they didn't like the review they made you ask Fiverr to change it.

But either way, if you were actively involved in the discussion or request for the change of the review then you have violated Fiverr's rules. Because if they did realize they wanted to change the review, never be the one to ask CS about it for them. 

• Like 18
  • Up 1

13 hours ago, smartdezigns said:

All I can say that it was your bad luck. 😔 Sometimes big orders are good but on thr other hand, sometimes they are fishy. It was a big order then you should have divided into sections like 1 order for 15 pics. Then new/separate orders for remaining pictures. 

I have the same thing going on these days. I have to work on 50 pictures but have requested buyer to place an order for 25 pictures first. If it gets approved by buyer (after completing 25 pics) then will work on next 25 pictures else no. And buyer has agreed to do this. This way, I'll be saved too. I wanted to work via milestones but preferred this way. Let's see how it goes!

Yeah thats learning for me. this was my first big order and I lost it. But there are many clients who only hire me for their work so they are reachinf our me on other plateforms too, so thats my real earning 🙂

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, theratypist said:

I am missing some part of this story - did you explicitly ask the buyer to change the review? Or did the buyer just realize on their own that they didn't like the review they made you ask Fiverr to change it.

But either way, if you were actively involved in the discussion or request for the change of the review then you have violated Fiverr's rules. Because if they did realize they wanted to change the review, never be the one to ask CS about it for them. 

Client rated me 4 stars and given $5 tip so I was confused and asked her  but she said that she tried to edit and fix but she not able to do that so I asked fiverr that Is it possible what Cx asking to me. Although I was okay with 4 stars.

• Like 15
  • Up 1

15 hours ago, lacroix88 said:

I am deeply sorry for this situation that happened to you,no one should lose the account under such circumstances.

I'm not sure I understand everything right but you claim that you asked support to edit a review of a buyer . If this is the case I highly doubt this is the reason,it has nothing to do with violation,there are warnings for this not permaban.

As for lost money fiverr provides compensation,so you are the one who has to ask for compensation for lost money,I myself got it a couple of times.

I asked for scam happened to me for $1650 and also suggested some ideas to prevent scams like that but They just told me "they are apologetic" but they didn't help anyway.

Also I was just asking to fiverr behalf of clients issue to fix review because she rated 4 stars by mistake even she given $5 tip also. but again I was just asking not requesting, I was okay with any desicision

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, nexartdesign said:

I asked for scam happened to me for $1650 and also suggested some ideas to prevent scams like that but They just told me "they are apologetic" but they didn't help anyway.

Also I was just asking to fiverr behalf of clients issue to fix review because she rated 4 stars by mistake even she given $5 tip also. but again I was just asking not requesting, I was okay with any desicision

Still you should not have asked about review changing. Anyhow, this action of yours have already led you to your account suspension. Simply should not have discussed this matter with Fiverr Support. Anyhow, let it go now! You can try other platforms or try contacting Fiverr Support regarding account restoration. Give it a shot.. Good Luck!

• Like 13
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, smartdezigns said:

Still you should not have asked about review changing. Anyhow, this action of yours have already led you to your account suspension. Simply should not have discussed this matter with Fiverr Support. Anyhow, let it go now! You can try other platforms or try contacting Fiverr Support regarding account restoration. Give it a shot.. Good Luck!

I tried to connect fiverr on twitter and they've opened ticket again, let see what happens but I'm not hoping anything more now

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nexartdesign said:

I tried to connect fiverr on twitter and they've opened ticket again, let see what happens but I'm not hoping anything more now

they only reopened the ticket after they messed up on twitter,I am quite shocked at how they are acting in this story,I hope there is some justification for this because it all seems absurd to me.

First thing they always eventually manage to give the real motivation,you only mentioned asking for a feedback change but for that there are warnings there is no permaban for this kind of violations,they are simply missing details to this story that as much as it is a violation I don't think it is permaban.

Secondly from what I understand you did not ask for a feedback edit but simply that the customer wanted to change it because of his mistake in rating,also because the customer officially asked for the feedback change and only then they saw the conversation but anyway I myself when I buy happened a couple of times to remove feedbacks or edit them and even after express request of the seller ,no one has ever been banned for that,I think contributed the very bad explanation of your buyer in that ticket that made them think of a manipulation on your part.

Thirdly it seems absurd to me that you say you are not getting compensation,I think you are not getting it because they say the account no longer exists,is this correct?Even if it is from what I understand you were also hacked,and in that case you got the money,although in different situations compensation is expected.

Edited by lacroix88
missing words
  • Like 14
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/28/2023 at 9:02 PM, lacroix88 said:

they only reopened the ticket after they messed up on twitter,I am quite shocked at how they are acting in this story,I hope there is some justification for this because it all seems absurd to me.

First thing they always eventually manage to give the real motivation,you only mentioned asking for a feedback change but for that there are warnings there is no permaban for this kind of violations,they are simply missing details to this story that as much as it is a violation I don't think it is permaban.

Secondly from what I understand you did not ask for a feedback edit but simply that the customer wanted to change it because of his mistake in rating,also because the customer officially asked for the feedback change and only then they saw the conversation but anyway I myself when I buy happened a couple of times to remove feedbacks or edit them and even after express request of the seller ,no one has ever been banned for that,I think contributed the very bad explanation of your buyer in that ticket that made them think of a manipulation on your part.

Thirdly it seems absurd to me that you say you are not getting compensation,I think you are not getting it because they say the account no longer exists,is this correct?Even if it is from what I understand you were also hacked,and in that case you got the money,although in different situations compensation is expected.

As I asid I've faced $1650 scam before just this situation, may be compensation could be reason to suspend my account permanent.

On twiterr that said Our agent will connect and they just sent email again with same details to inform me that My account is suspended but they are still not responding and not looking into details

• Like 12
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

@nexartdesign -

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do about your account suspension but I do think you should have been compensated for that order that you mentioned.

Account Suspension

Feedback Manipulation is one of the reasons for immediate, permanent account suspension (it bypasses the warning system due to the serious nature of this type of behavior). This is explained under the "Integrity and Authenticity" section and "Inauthentic Behavior" subsection of Fiverr's Community Standards:

https://business.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity

image.thumb.png.c72cc40d076875f4f16835b3ab0d81ad.png

image.thumb.png.2df6980f2734428701567bf98e8e9000.png

I believe your permanent suspension didn't come from contacting CS about the issue ... it was because you reached out to your buyer about their 4-star review and caused them to respond with "I was very happy with the services. I tried to fix my review but it doesn't allow me to edit it." This could be seen as "pressuring a buyer to edit or remove feedback or a review from the platform."

More on permanently suspended accounts is here:

https://business.fiverr.com/support/articles/360014585217-Suspended-accounts?segment=business

Order Compensation

I really think you should have been compensated for this order. I'm not sure how compensation would work for a permanently suspended account but this issue was reported well before Fiverr suspended your account.

@Lena - is there anything that can be done to compensate @nexartdesign for the work that was done on this $1,650 order? I know I may be shooting in the dark because this is now a suspended account (and I'm not sure how this would be handled). If this issue were properly handled, the OP would've been compensated before the account shutdown.

In short - the buyer ordered 70 photos and @nexartdesign delivered 69 in the order chats with good back-and-forth feedback from the buyer. However, right before the final delivery, the buyer's account was shut down, causing @nexartdesign's order to be canceled even though the order was 98.6% delivered. CS didn't provide any compensation.

Please take a look at this feed here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/309573-scam-on-fiverr/

Thanks for all your help!

Edited by vickieito
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2023 at 11:44 PM, freshko91 said:

Look at it this way, I have just been 'banned (?)' for no reason, no warning, no nothing. 

I have always offered excellent service to my customers, I have never asked anything from them in return. Even my packs (some) were selected as "Fiverr Choice", today I inexplicably find myself with my account under review by the Trust and Safety team for the next 60 days. 

I really don't understand. I have always operated with complete transparency, I have even given free support to customers who bought from other sellers and were not satisfied with their purchases. 

The whole thing started with the censorship of my two articles (I don't understand why, there was nothing against the rules) with the following email: "We had to remove your Gig as the service you are offering is prohibited by our Community Standards. This decision was made after careful consideration and cannot be undone."

It was a pack of clothes for a game, so NOTHING to do with prohibited services.

But people who are punctually reported for unfair practices, you always find them there selling their items despite customers complaining.

@freshko91 - can you send us more detail on what happened and a screenshot of the message CS sent you?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vickieito said:

@nexartdesign -

Unfortunately, I don't think there's anything you can do about your account suspension but I do think you should have been compensated for that order that you mentioned.

Account Suspension

Feedback Manipulation is one of the reasons for immediate, permanent account suspension (it bypasses the warning system due to the serious nature of this type of behavior). This is explained under the "Integrity and Authenticity" section and "Inauthentic Behavior" subsection of Fiverr's Community Standards:

https://business.fiverr.com/community/standards/integrity-authenticity

I believe your permanent suspension didn't come from contacting CS about the issue ... it was because you reached out to your buyer about their 4-star review and caused them to respond with "I was very happy with the services. I tried to fix my review but it doesn't allow me to edit it." This could be seen as "pressuring a buyer to edit or remove feedback or a review from the platform."

More on permanently suspended accounts is here:

https://business.fiverr.com/support/articles/360014585217-Suspended-accounts?segment=business

Order Compensation

I really think you should have been compensated for this order. I'm not sure how compensation would work for a permanently suspended account but this issue was reported well before Fiverr suspended your account.

@Lena - is there anything that can be done to compensate @nexartdesign for the work that was done on this $1,650 order? I know I may be shooting in the dark because this is now a suspended account (and I'm not sure how this would be handled). If this issue were properly handled, the OP would've been compensated before the account shutdown.

In short - the buyer ordered 70 photos and @nexartdesign delivered 69 in the order chats with good back-and-forth feedback from the buyer. However, right before the final delivery, the buyer's account was shut down, causing @nexartdesign's order to be canceled even though the order was 98.6% delivered. CS didn't provide any compensation.

Please take a look at this feed here:

https://community.fiverr.com/forums/topic/309573-scam-on-fiverr/

Thanks for all your help!

@freshko91 - can you send us more detail on what happened and a screenshot of the message CS sent you?

Thank you so much. Here I have attched chat of CS and Email with Fiverr both and clearly I didn't asked for review change at all, I was just asking on behalf of client and It was okay if they answered "NO", Also they never asked for compensation nor I asked for. I suggested 2 things to fiverr to prevent such scams like Cx shouldn't get deactivate account option white active order or If they do, they should not get refunded. but there is only same replay I got as a bot. 

Yes I asked something which contains some keywords thats voilating TOS but please read all proof carefully and revew everything as a human and understand why I asked and what was my intentions.

There are also some screenshots in tickets I've raised but currently can't acces them, where in the same order of review issue CS has tipped me $5 so there should not be issue for me as a seller. and its clea that CS was trying to fix her review which she gave by mistake. Thats all

Email and chat SS for review order: https://prnt.sc/D2M8iypXvUjW

Also Scam order ticket answer attached.

chat.PNGCapture.PNG.b0725d65b1052682ef10fb7321c9d9a0.PNG

Edited by nexartdesign
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, nexartdesign said:

but please read all proof carefully

The part that I think caused the account suspension comes before this conversation here (which we haven't seen yet):

image.png.de801e9ac589173f88aa919868bf4661.png

What did you ask your buyer to make her respond that way? Did you ask her about her review? How did you word it? Because asking your buyer about her review in a way that makes her want to change her review can be seen as review manipulation.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, vickieito said:

What did you ask your buyer to make her respond that way? Did you ask her about her review? How did you word it? Because asking your buyer about her review in a way that makes her want to change her review can be seen as review manipulation.

@nexartdesign - To clarify ... this is what it looks like so far:

1. Your buyer gives you a 4-star review.

2. You confront your buyer in the inbox and ask why you got that 4-star review.

3. Your buyer decides to change her review to a 5-star review but can't.

4. Your buyer assures you she was happy with your services and tried to change her review for you (note: this may not reflect her true feelings).

5. Seven hours later, the buyer decides to give you a tip to compensate you for that less-than-5-star review. You thank her and screenshot the message for CS.

It would be different if a buyer tipped you while leaving her 4-star review, but since the tip came after you confronted her about her 4-star review, it could be seen as review manipulation. And the whole conversation could be seen as a "manufactured" conversation to take to Fiverr CS to try to get the review changed. Which you did. So this is how Fiverr might see it, even if that wasn't your intent.

It really doesn't take much to make a buyer feel pressured to change their review. Just putting them on the spot can cause them to freeze and feel bad about it. I certainly don't want anyone questioning me about a less-than-five-star review that I gave them. So I wouldn't even mention their review to them. I would just go back through previous conversations and do a post-mortem review of how the order went to see how I could improve things going forward.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vickieito said:

4. Your buyer assures you she was happy with your services and tried to change her review for you (note: this may not reflect her true feelings).

5. Seven hours later, the buyer decides to give you a tip to compensate you for that less-than-5-star review. You thank her and screenshot the message for CS.

It would be different if a buyer tipped you while leaving her 4-star review, but since the tip came after you confronted her about her 4-star review, it could be seen as review manipulation. And the whole conversation could be seen as a "manufactured" conversation to take to Fiverr CS to try to get the review changed. Which you did. So this is how Fiverr might see it, even if that wasn't your intent.

It really doesn't take much to make a buyer feel pressured to change their review. Just putting them on the spot can cause them to freeze and feel bad about it. I certainly don't want anyone questioning me about a less-than-five-star review that I gave them. So I wouldn't even mention their review to them. I would just go back through previous conversations and do a post-mortem review of how the order went to see how I could improve things going forward.

The part that I think caused the account suspension comes before this conversation here (which we haven't seen yet):

Thats absolutely not true. Cs rated order 4 stars and gave $5 tip at the same time, So I was confused and asked her "did you really like my work or you need any correction If you have let me know" She said she really liked my work that is why she tipped me but she rated 4 stars by mistake, then she realised its her mistake and tried her self but finally she told me she is unable to fix it and then I asked fiverr for same on behalf of client.

If you read chat carefully she was really happy and asking for next order as well so there was no pressure. fiverr can confirm with her. If she tell she was pressurised I'll leave the topic forever.

chat.PNG.a82c2aa796aa1255fd69942640c10983.PNG

Edited by nexartdesign
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, vickieito said:

This screen does not prove any manipulation,if so the account should not be banned. 

Unless you naively requested to edit the feedback,even if you did it seems to me that it is not a case of manipulation since the client is quite happy with the work and left a tip. So there are no grounds for a permaban-

• Like 16
  • Up 1

6 hours ago, vickieito said:

I don't see how this can be considered manipulation,a buyer can put tip as much as 10 days later,it seems to me up to 15 days later,I believe that if we want to consider manipulation we need clear and direct messages like:

-Give me a tip for my work.

-Change your review from 4 to 5 stars.

Everything else is conjecture and assumption.

I'm sure here the buyer messed up in the ticket,saying hey this guy asked me to put 5 stars so lets edit  the feedback,so he spoiled you.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

3 hours ago, nexartdesign said:

Thats absolutely not true.

Please know that I'm only trying to help - you still haven't sent any proof disproving the possible scenario that I listed ...and Fiverr will be looking for proof. That's the only way to reverse a decision.

What did the conversation look like before the buyer stated that she was happy with your services? You would need to share a screenshot of your conversation before May 24th, 2023 1:03 AM (you keep sharing this same screenshot, which doesn't show the information that I requested).

This current screenshot only supports the suspicion that there was a review manipulation.

Cs rated order 4 stars and gave $5 tip at the same time

As long as you can prove this, then at least that would show that you didn't pressure the buyer to leave a tip. But it still doesn't show that there wasn't a review manipulation. A buyer can leave a generous tip, a "raving" review (via comments), and a 4-star review. I've had that happen to me before. In that case, I thanked the buyer for her generous tip, told her it was a pleasure to work with her, and went on my merry way. So next time, thank the buyer for the tip right away - not seven hours later.

so there was no pressure

asked her "did you really like my work

You don't know that. As I mentioned, someone simply mentioning my less-than-5-star review would be more than enough to make me feel pressured. I don't like confrontation and your buyer might be the same. If she tipped you, she was happy with your services. A 4-star review is still a good review.

fiverr can confirm with her. If she tell she was pressurised I'll leave the topic forever.

Fiverr won't confirm this with her. Questioning the buyer, "Did you really like my work?" can put a lot of unnecessary pressure on a buyer. And most likely if she feels pressured, she won't tell you.

but she rated 4 stars by mistake, then she realised its her mistake and tried her self but finally she told me she is unable to fix it and then I asked fiverr for same on behalf of client.

We don't know that. All your conversation looks like is you approached the client about her review, she backpedaled and told you she tried to fix it. There is nothing in conversation from your client that she wanted you to reach out to Fiverr CS to change the review. As I mentioned - buyers can leave 4-star reviews with a tip and be completely happy with your services.

I really don't know if you'll be able to provide the proof needed to reverse Fiverr's decision for the permanent suspension of your account. Fiverr really takes review manipulation seriously, so in order to reverse the decision, you'll have to provide compelling evidence that disproves everything I've mentioned. If you can do that, there may be a chance.

• Like 15
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1

Thats absolutely not true. Cs rated order 4 stars and gave $5 tip at the same time, So I was confused and asked her "did you really like my work or you need any correction If you have let me know" She said she really liked my work that is why she tipped me but she rated 4 stars by mistake, then she realised its her mistake and tried her self but finally she told me she is unable to fix it and then I asked fiverr for same on behalf of client.

If you read chat carefully she was really happy and asking for next order as well so there was no pressure. fiverr can confirm with her. If she tell she was pressurised I'll leave the topic forever.

chat.PNG.a82c2aa796aa1255fd69942640c10983.PNG

That's what I initially thought too...

On 7/28/2023 at 10:39 AM, nexartdesign said:

Client rated me 4 stars and given $5 tip so I was confused and asked her  but she said that she tried to edit and fix but she not able to do that so I asked fiverr that Is it possible what Cx asking to me. Although I was okay with 4 stars.

But this is what you had mentioned earlier... which is why I too was confused. 

However

So I was confused and asked her "did you really like my work or you need any correction If you have let me know" She said she really liked my work that is why she tipped me but she rated 4 stars by mistake, then she realised its her mistake and tried her self but finally she told me she is unable to fix it and then I asked fiverr for same on behalf of client.

If this is INDEED the case, you shouldn't be penalized. If you have not ever asked the customer to change their rating, and if you've only asked indirectly if there is any feedback with regards to the delivered work, then you should be fine. Ban wasn't warranted in this case. I do hope more sellers speak up on this, if this is indeed a case where account was temporarily banned based on only suspicions.

Try emphasizing the same with CS assuring them that you won't ever contact on behalf of the customer in the future. Clear your stance properly so that when the Trust and Safety team reviews your account, they can hopefully give you the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

And it's not us you have to convince, it's the trust and safety team (through CS), so share all you can to support your case, but do so clearly, so that there are no misunderstandings (i.e. in case if you are absolutely sure that you haven't done anything that could be perceived as review manipulation).

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Just now, yourbrandingpal said:

if you are absolutely sure that you haven't done anything that could be perceived as review manipulation

The OP would have to show that there was no manipulation on two counts:

1. The OP did not pressure the buyer into wanting to change their review (difficult to show)

2. The OP did not ask CS to change the review (which the OP did)

10 minutes ago, lacroix88 said:

I believe that if we want to consider manipulation we need clear and direct messages

Not necessarily. Confronting a buyer about their review and questioning "Did you really like my work?" (when it was clear that they did based on the 4-star review and tip) could be seen as putting enough pressure to make the buyer want to change their review.

I do think Fiverr's ToS and Community Standard regarding Review Manipulation are pretty harsh, but I think that because the OP confronted the buyer AND CS on the issue, Fiverr decided on the permanent suspension.

• Like 14
  • Up 1

thank the buyer for the tip right away - not seven hours later

Just because I was busy and I have seen tip later and message after 7 hours, It doens't mean she tipped so later, Fiverr has all the proofs.

Fiverr won't confirm this with her. Questioning the buyer, "Did you really like my work?" can put a lot of unnecessary pressure on a buyer. And most likely if she feels pressured, she won't tell you.

6 hours ago, nexartdesign said:

Every seller askes their CS the same question to provide satisfaction, that doesn't mean they are pressuring CS.

I really don't know if you'll be able to provide the proof needed to reverse Fiverr's decision for the permanent suspension of your account. Fiverr really takes review manipulation seriously, so in order to reverse the decision, you'll have to provide compelling evidence that disproves everything I've mentioned. If you can do that, there may be a chance.

Yes I have proofs and I've attached here but at the same time I'm not able to login so now fiverr has all the proofs and they can check all messages.

• Like 11
  • Up 1

Not necessarily. Confronting a buyer about their review and questioning "Did you really like my work?" (when it was clear that they did based on the 4-star review and tip) could be seen as putting enough pressure to make the buyer want to change their review.

Any seller can be confused of same situation and seller should ask same for their satisfaction that doesnt mean they are pressuring

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1