Massive drop for sales and enquiries

alwayssoul17

Hey Fiverr Sellers.

I wanted to bring attention to this crazy change I've seen here at Fiverr. I've been devoted to this platform since 2020 and out of nowhere this past month all sales and enquiries just stopped. I've attached a pic to show the change. Also I've reached out to fiverr multiple times and I've had no real explanation. I carry all metrics at 100% and am always nice to my clients. 

Just wanted to bring attention that this can happen to anyone even after have 500+ 5 star reviews and a great Rep in the industry.

I sure hope things get figured out as this is extremely concerning as 2023 was already the lowest I've seen in sales here on fiverr.

Wish everyone the best and hope you're thriving and not experiencing this..

Joe

IMG_0689.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1

I sure hope that one odd buyer cant affect things so dramatically. We dont even know the mental state of the client and from what I remember this was a very strange interaction and had even told me privately that it was great. 

I sure hope thats not the main reason because Fiverr needs to lookout more for its sellers in that case. It was the only 1 star review Ive had in over 4 years... very sad they are going in this direction

Edited by alwayssoul17
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have had the exact same thing happen. From $8,000+ a month to not even $2,000 in July. And I had a 2-star review a few months ago. It is hard to believe that Fiverr lets one bad apple destroy your standings in its algorithm, but that appears to be the case and their customer support has zero power to change it, talk about it, or explain it. My May earnings rebounded because I contacted every single person I had worked for previously to see if they had anything for me, but my number of new inquiries - excepting those from India, Pakistan and Nigeria that usually say "give me work" are almost nil.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 094420.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, filipdevaere said:

I can guarantee you that 1 bad review can kill your business for 3 to 6 months.

it has nothing to do with it 🙂  not sure how can you guarantee something like that ( especially when the account in question is not new so it doesn't qualify as a new buyer '' It Might be affected though by that bsr metric but there are many other metrics that need to be taken into consideration.  On the other hand, 1 star reviews are normal, we all get them at some point, it's not the end of the world .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cre8iveartwork said:

On the other hand, 1 star reviews are normal, we all get them at some point, it's not the end of the world .

It's definitely due to that review. The seller doesn't seem to have tons and tons of sales, so when you are a lower volume seller, these bad reviews will have quite the impact. I had a single 3 star review and only 5 everywhere else, but my success manager said that private reviews can be drastically different from public ones. So it's possible that someone gives you a good review publicly but they nail you to the coffin in the private one. I wasn't getting any inquiries for months so I can say 100% that a very bad review like that will affect you. How much.. that depends on your sales volume. If you sell 10 gigs a month, it's definitely much worse than selling 50 or 100 gigs a month. 

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 5
  • Congrats! 1
  • Up 1

Not much will happen from one bad review 🙂 You are all talking about that specific review because it's a negative one ... It's much worse if the seller gets 5 stars reviews and the private feedback is bad. That one 1 star review might not matter at all, there are too many factors involved to know for sure that the only reason for what OP mentioned is that one review even if it's negative 🙂

1 hour ago, filipdevaere said:

The experienced sellers here know that I am right.

Partially right 🙂 to be fair

14 hours ago, alwayssoul17 said:

I carry all metrics at 100% and am always nice to my clients. 

That's not the most important thing right now... it's the metrics that you aren't seeing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cre8iveartwork said:

It's much worse if the seller gets 5 stars reviews and the private feedback is bad

Well, if you get a public 1 star review, it's guaranteed you got terrible private feedback. Nobody gives a seller a 1 star public review and then good private feedback.

• Like 4
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I am sure that one bad review may affect your account short-term but not this dramatically. I am from Pakistan and I have just one 3-star review on my account. The rest of the 200+ reviews are 5-star. My gig often gets Fiverr's Choice. However, I still have experienced a drastic decrease in sales for the last 6-months. My friends, who are also from Pakistan, experience the same thing. We are wondering if this is the regional issue? Not sure 😞 

• Thanks 2