Should I change gig description & picture everytime I post a gig?

ramishafatima_

• 4 weeks later...

@ramishafatima_    

A few things to consider

1. For someone who has created 1400+ plus websites -Why are you using templates in your video?

2. Why are you calling yourself a top rated seller in your profile when you have no orders?

3.  There is no way you are native English speaking!!!!

Based on this, your whole integrity is brought into question and customers will see right through you as someone who can't be trusted.  

• Like 12
  • Up 7

39 minutes ago, ramishafatima_ said:

3) just because I'm brown, my english fluency and integrity is brought to question ?

I think @breals was talking about the English you use in your gig description which is not native. Skin color doesn't matter on Fiverr, but if people see that you're listing Native English fluency and you have grammar mistakes, they will start questioning things you say and your overall integrity.

The idea is, don't take it personal and learn from others on the Forum. If you don't want to learn anything that's fine, but you can expect some backlash from forum members at times if something feels iffy.

• Like 9
  • Up 6

@ramishafatima_   as @donnovan86 has kindly pointed out.  I have questioned your integrity based on the quality of gig you have put together, and NOT your skin colour. 

If I did that then you would have had every right to call me out, as that is unacceptable. 

However, you state you're fluent/native in the English language, which based your gig descriptions you're clearly not, and customers can see that when they visit your gigs. 

I stand by my comment above. 

• Like 9
  • Up 4
  • Thanks 1

@ramishafatima_ I am a proofreader, and there are 49 errors in your gig description. (You even misspelled WordPress!)

As it has already been pointed out if you say you are fluent in English, but your gig description proves you are not, buyers will wonder if you are being truthful about your abilities too. As a result, they will look elsewhere. I also noticed there are level one and two sellers that offer the same service as you but charge less. 

• Like 14
  • Up 4

11 hours ago, ramishafatima_ said:

3) just because I'm brown, my english fluency and integrity is brought to question ?

You are taking everyone's advices in a wrong way. They meant to say that your English is not perfect so you need to change the English language settings from Native to Basic. 

Try to understand the suggestions/tips given by experienced sellers in a positive way. They know better than you that's why they are trying to help you by pointing out your mistakes.

Secondly, you asked for the tips so you need to accept the negative reviews too. Be Calm!

Suggestions for you: You can try to reduce the prices and also try to improve your gig gallery if possible. No need to use too much text on the images as the gig description is enough to describe your services.

Edited by smartdezigns
Additional Content
  • Like 11
  • Up 1

Understanding emotions and intent through texts can be very hard sometimes,

Everyone is different, Someone talks in a more friendly tone and others can be more straightforward but the fact is everyone here is trying to help you.

If you follow their instructions you are more likely to expect a positive result.

• Like 10

@ramishafatima_, in addition to what others have said, in your FAQ, you talk about your accent. Accent is only important if you're offering voice over services; if you're making websites, your accent is completely irrelevant (not to mention that you're not answering your own question correctly; whether you speak with British or American accent has nothing to do with proficiency).

In other words, it looks as if communication with you would be difficult, and that's more than a good enough reason for buyers to look for someone else.

3 hours ago, yt_experted said:

Why am I not receiving orders on my gig?

Because you claim to be an expert digital marketer, but are unable to successfully market your Fiverr gigs?

• Like 12

On 7/5/2023 at 12:20 PM, shahzaibakbar99 said:

Set your price

On 7/5/2023 at 6:10 AM, vickiespencer said:

@ramishafatima_ I am a proofreader, and there are 49 errors in your gig description. (You even misspelled WordPress!)

As it has already been pointed out if you say you are fluent in English, but your gig description proves you are not, buyers will wonder if you are being truthful about your abilities too. As a result, they will look elsewhere. I also noticed there are level one and two sellers that offer the same service as you but charge less. 

because these guys are highlighting this issue as well

• Like 6

On 7/5/2023 at 12:39 PM, imamiopial said:

Understanding emotions and intent through texts can be very hard sometimes,

Everyone is different, Someone talks in a more friendly tone and others can be more straightforward but the fact is everyone here is trying to help you.

If you follow their instructions you are more likely to expect a positive result.

I ain't a kid!. I'm open to negative criticism. I always take that in a positive way but being straightforward and rude are two different things. Well, nevermind!

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, ramishafatima_ said:

but on fiverr we can set the minimum price as $80. So, how can I charge less? 

Fiverr set $80 minimum for that category because a lot of people tried to undercut the market and they delivered low quality work. A lot of buyers complained and that's why Fiverr decided to have a $80 barrier. To be honest, I am not sure why they only kept it for that category, other categories need an entry price, obviously not $80, but certainly not $5. 

• Like 9

On 7/6/2023 at 5:30 PM, catwriter said:

Perhaps you should fix all the mistakes in your own gig before advising others to watch their spelling?

i'm not talking to you, focus on yourself and don't worry about me

Edited by ramishafatima_
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Up 1