Advice on old profile updating

alanikeiser

Hi Fiverr Community, 

I've been a seller for many years on Fiverr, but I fell ill and was off of Fiverr for a while. 
I came back to a lot of changes and I'm finding it very difficult to understand how to be seen by buyers. 
I did receive an order a couple of weeks ago, but other than that, it feels like sitting with crickets in silence. 
Are there expert sellers on here who can look at my profile to give me a bit of advice, in case I need to make changes? 
I did try reaching out to Fiverr support for help, but all they do is pause my gigs over and over again, even when I come onto Fiverr daily (bearing in mind I also cannot see any gigs that buyers post). 
I also starting running an ad for my gigs yesterday on Fiverr. 

Thank you 🙂 

Edited by alanikeiser
  • Like 6
  • Up 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, alanikeiser said:

Hi Fiverr Community, 

I've been a seller for many years on Fiverr, but I fell ill and was off of Fiverr for a while. 
I came back to a lot of changes and I'm finding it very difficult to understand how to be seen by buyers. 
I did receive an order a couple of weeks ago, but other than that, it feels like sitting with crickets in silence. 
Are there expert sellers on here who can look at my profile to give me a bit of advice, in case I need to make changes? 
I did try reaching out to Fiverr support for help, but all they do is pause my gigs over and over again, even when I come onto Fiverr daily (bearing in mind I also cannot see any gigs that buyers post). 

Thank you 🙂 

I recommend you read these posts to understand more about the changes on Fiverr. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4
  • Up 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alanikeiser said:

Thanks @smashradio
That is a lot of reading, which I will do. 
I was hoping for a more personal response to my own profile - to have another expert's eye over it. 

But thank you x

Yeah, it's a lot. But it sure is helpful if you want to understand how Fiverr works. Using that information can help you improve your business, and making a personalized version would take too much time. 

But since you want some gig-specific advice, I took an extra look and have some feedback that I hope can help.  

Your gig thumbnails could do with an update. Here's some helpful information about that: Fiverr Help and Education Center

While your voice-over demo is good quality, it's perhaps a bit boring and flat. It's just one style, one read, one voice. Perhaps you could mix it up by including different styles, and tempos and produce a more professional demo to attract buyers. 

I don't pretend to be a demo expert, but I have some background in that type of production, and I know how important a good demo is. It's your business card as a voice-over talent. 

Here's one of my demos. You won't understand much since it's in Norwegian, but it's just to give you an idea of what can be done. 

If you're looking for someone to do it for you, here's a search of demo reel sellers: Fiverr / Search Results for 'voice over demo'

Perhaps you'll also benefit from using a coach to help you find your style and get the best possible takes for your demo. 

Your gig descriptions also have room for improvement. Think of it as your opportunity to shine and sell, by telling your potential buyers more about the benefits you bring to the table. Don't sell the product, sell the benefits, and use your gig description for all it's worth. I'm sure @vickieito has some advice on that part. She always has awesome advice in store 😄 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @smashradio I appreciate your eye and ear over my profile. 
Nice helpful feedback. 
It's funny, to me yours sounds monotonous hahaha - perhaps because it is the same language throughout, like mine. 

But I will update my thumbnails. 
And I will do my demoreel again, myself, considering this is what I do for a living (I don't need a coach, I just need to select my other project styles I've done). I just didn't think anyone would think it is monotonous - but this is helpful 🙂

I also appreciate the description advice! I was hoping for exactly this. Thank you, a million times over 🙂

I appreciate you! x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi @alanikeiser - it might also be helpful to visit @smashradio's profile and gigs since he is a Pro and Top-Rated Seller, so one of the best voice-over talents that we have. Even though I don't know Norwegian, and I'm not a VO artist, I do enjoy looking at his portfolio samples and gig videos. There's a lot to be learned just from combing through the gigs of the best talents on Fiverr. I spend a lot of time doing that.

You can also mention in your bio that you are now active again on Fiverr. You have a newer delivery showing up as your last delivery, but your reviews are still old, so buyers may wonder about that.

Edited by vickieito
Replaced "worry" with "wonder."
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, alanikeiser said:

Thanks @smashradio I appreciate your eye and ear over my profile. 
Nice helpful feedback. 
It's funny, to me yours sounds monotonous hahaha - perhaps because it is the same language throughout, like mine. 

But I will update my thumbnails. 
And I will do my demoreel again, myself, considering this is what I do for a living (I don't need a coach, I just need to select my other project styles I've done). I just didn't think anyone would think it is monotonous - but this is helpful 🙂

I also appreciate the description advice! I was hoping for exactly this. Thank you, a million times over 🙂

I appreciate you! x

Norwegian is a very flat language indeed, so I'm not surprised by that. We often feel that English-speaking voice-overs are completely "fake" because we're so used to a more flat speech pattern. So that will naturally vary between languages. But as you can hear, I'm moving through different styles and ads, using background music, effects, etc. It helps to make it more engaging. 🙂 It's not your style or performance I think is lacking in the demo (so this is not a critique of your talent, and I apologize if you felt that it was). I just think the production and variety of different styles could be improved upon to give your demo some punch. I'm sure you have many projects to pick from. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, alanikeiser said:

Hi Fiverr Community, 

Thank you 🙂 

Hi, that was exactly my story one year back, and I was frustrated and disappointed at the same time. But, all I did was "Keywords Research and Competition Analysis." This has helped me choose the right keyword to target for my gigs, and after modifying my gigs, I got back into rankings after a week. 

Note: At first, I tried targeting low-competition keywords and started ranking for those, and once I started getting orders on those keywords, I pushed my gigs to high-competition keywords.

But, these days, fiverr has become so competitive, and you need to care about dozens of factors. Nevertheless, we can give this a try; who knows, this might work for you as well. 

Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@smashradio haha.. I actually love the Norwegian language, considering Afrikaans has some of it (I'm bilingual). 
An no, I did not take it as critique on my talent... but I do agree with you in terms oproduction and style. I will brush it up! 
Thank you again for your valuable time 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alanikeiser said:

@vickieito 😄 I saved my profile picture like that on Canva to use across all my social media and work platforms :)) My new identity after I was sick (so my aim is to feel cool haha) 

It's a neat visual trick along with the level two badge, even if that was a coincidence. I like it too!

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1

Just now, alanikeiser said:

so my aim is to feel cool

Well, you look cool to me! The purple band caught my eye, then I looked down and read "bubbly, upbeat" and "South African Accent." Can't get much cooler than that! 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, vickieito said:

Well, you look cool to me! The purple band caught my eye, then I looked down and read "bubbly, upbeat" and "South African Accent." Can't get much cooler than that! 😊

Gosh 😄 you guys are so encouraging. It's nice to interact with friendly Sellers ❤️ Thank you 

• Like 4
  • Up 1

12 hours ago, vickiespencer said:

Buyer's Request has been eliminated and replaced with Briefs, where Fiverr will refer buyers to your services if they feel that they meet the buyer's needs. 

Thank you, I saw that in the content that Smashradio shared 🙂 x

• Like 1
  • Up 1