Why can't I set my gig price to $5.

aneeshsharma007

Question

When I try to set gig price to $5, it shows a warning 

Please adjust this package price so that the total price is between $80 and $10,000

. I thought that $80 was the lower limit for all custom websites but when I checked other people's gig, they had their price set to $5. Why can't I set price to $5. I am a new freelancer so I can't expect clients to pay $80 to newcomer with no experience. Please help me if you know what's wrong.

• Like 9

4 answers to this question

Because website development is a premium and high ticket service that's why fiverr has set some rules for this category, so unfortunately you can't set your gig price to 5$ but yes client can negotiate with you and you can create custom offer for that same gig at $5 also 😆 so this is the smart algorithm. Go ahead

• Like 10

That particular category has a minimum price of $80. That's because true website development will never be $5. If someone tries to offer that, then it's most likely a scam or a bunch of templates and assets put together which barely work. Proper development takes a lot of time, days or weeks in some cases, so $80 is certainly a minimum price for that amount of effort. 

• Like 8