[New guy here] Suggestions on improving either of my gigs? i do Poster/Flyer design and Low poly modeling

blender_3d

Hi,  joined a whiles back ago but never done anything in respect, but just recently started to post some gigs. Right now I'm advertising posters/flyers and low poly 3d modeling. I do have lots of portfolio stuff but they are mostly blender stuff. I though there was a portfolio in (fiverr I know there is)  but not like a dedicated section where I can upload other stuff, it's only gig portfolio and live portfolio for bigger sellers. I can't really put that content for what I'm selling right now because it has nothing to do with low Poly modeling or even posters. I just need few suggestions so that I actually get some clicks and maybe get some clients on either of my gigs. It's the first time I do freelancing, and never done things on commission really, just randomly people asking me for help on discord... But now I want to start to make real bucks. (even though it's a little) .

Thanks! 

• Like 2
  • Congrats! 1

On 7/1/2023 at 9:27 AM, blender_3d said:

it's just realistic renders and stuff which are not fit for either of the gigs i currently have

Hi @blender_3d - If you don't have samples that match your current gigs, then create them. I also didn't have samples that perfectly explained what I was going to do in my gigs, so I had to spend a lot of time (a month) creating projects for myself so that I could show my buyers what I could do for them. T

he more relevant samples that you have to show your buyers, the more likely they are to buy your gig. I've had buyers approach me in my inbox referring to my portfolio samples and telling me that they want to order because they know exactly what they'll get in the delivery. Other times, they order because they didn't know what they wanted until they saw my sample.

As a new seller, with no reviews, and no orders, your portfolio can be one of your most powerful tools to get orders (and the lack of samples can be one sure way for buyers to turn away from your gig to another seller who does have a good portfolio. You have a your gig video, 3 images, and 2 PDFs that you can use to show off what you can do. You can also share links in your gig descriptions, as long as they are on Fiverr's Approved URL list:

image.thumb.png.b6aab3357d3807154e82dbd1fbc32ea5.png

• Like 5
  • Congrats! 1

16 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi @blender_3d - If you don't have samples that match your current gigs, then create them. I also didn't have samples that perfectly explained what I was going to do in my gigs, so I had to spend a lot of time (a month) creating projects for myself so that I could show my buyers what I could do for them. T

he more relevant samples that you have to show your buyers, the more likely they are to buy your gig. I've had buyers approach me in my inbox referring to my portfolio samples and telling me that they want to order because they know exactly what they'll get in the delivery. Other times, they order because they didn't know what they wanted until they saw my sample.

As a new seller, with no reviews, and no orders, your portfolio can be one of your most powerful tools to get orders (and the lack of samples can be one sure way for buyers to turn away from your gig to another seller who does have a good portfolio. You have a your gig video, 3 images, and 2 PDFs that you can use to show off what you can do. You can also share links in your gig descriptions, as long as they are on Fiverr's Approved URL list:

Thanks for your information, I would like to ask more specifically what would be expected out of a PDF?, I have plenty of portfolio stuff I can use, could I just put up a Flickr URL on my description? plus I will also make more specific examples for my gigs.  Thanks

• Like 3
  • Congrats! 1

Hi @blender_3d - You can really use your PDFs to do anything you want. In the beginning, I made a user guide answering the top 10 questions that new buyers have (with step-by-step instructions on how to use Fiverr). I also have used it to describe my process and to house all of my portfolio samples. Some sellers use it to describe the tools that they use, give a short history of their experiences/major projects they've worked on, highlight their unique selling points, or explain why their customers choose them.

Yes, you can use a Flickr link in your description for your portfolio. Just make sure all of the examples in the link are specific and relevant to the gig.

• Like 2
  • Congrats! 1

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Hi @blender_3d - You can really use your PDFs to do anything you want. In the beginning, I made a user guide answering the top 10 questions that new buyers have (with step-by-step instructions on how to use Fiverr). I also have used it to describe my process and to house all of my portfolio samples. Some sellers use it to describe the tools that they use, give a short history of their experiences/major projects they've worked on, highlight their unique selling points, or explain why their customers choose them.

Yes, you can use a Flickr link in your description for your portfolio. Just make sure all of the examples in the link are specific and relevant to the gig.

I don't mean to put a Flickr page in my gig, I'd rather put all evidence in my gig as pictures, or whatnot, but what I mean by using a Flickr pageis on my user profile description so that I show everything that I know how to do, for situations like special requests, such as "I saw in your description that you also do this, can you do that for me?", which can be great for something complicated jobs and not something that I'm not willing to constantly receive orders (if all goes well), and I can't obviously put  in my gigs because there will be irrelevant information, Also I really don't see the use for me to use a PDF, now that you explained what you used it for, I  might as well write my experience and history in my profile description (which I've done already).

• Like 2
  • Congrats! 1

3 hours ago, blender_3d said:

Thanks for your information, I would like to ask more specifically what would be expected out of a PDF?, I have plenty of portfolio stuff I can use, could I just put up a Flickr URL on my description? plus I will also make more specific examples for my gigs.  Thanks

Hi @blender_3d. I am blender user too. I use it for product design without precision.

Well, I don't see your gig. May be it's not active yet. But regarding your gig about Low poly model, you can showcase a model sample that you have done. It's OK with screenshot. But with render, it's much better.

And as @vickieitosaid, portfolio is one of the best tools. As you plan to provide services related to design, I am sure you have something to show on your portfolio. So use it.

• Like 2
  • Congrats! 1