Stop the Scammers

As someone who is new to fiverr and has gotten a ton of scam messages I am surprised and saddened that fiverr does not seem to tackle this problem?!

Every day my inbox is full of "contact me on telegram" and I have reported them all, but it's an ongoing phenomenon. The other day I read on a facebook thread that someone fell victim to the scammers, paid them and altogether lost 7000$. (I know one could argue, how could they have been that naive when fiverr clearly states to never take business off the platform, but that person was not from an English speaking contry and the scammers had convinced them by saying the project was really urgent and the possibilities of working together with them on future projects were endless. So they paid the scammers and then started receiving threats from what they thought was a large and legit company which was on the brink of suing them and they paid some more to settle the issue.)

Long story short, can't anything be done about this, maybe limit the amounts of messages that new users can send or only allow profiles that have been completely filled out to message others?

The way things are going right now, I'm even too concerned to upload my certificates, because I wouldn't want personal information in the hands of these scammers.

Sorry for the long rant.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, xxjana_1234 said:

As someone who is new to fiverr and has gotten a ton of scam messages I am surprised and saddened that fiverr does not seem to tackle this problem?!

Every day my inbox is full of "contact me on telegram" and I have reported them all, but it's an ongoing phenomenon. The other day I read on a facebook thread that someone fell victim to the scammers, paid them and altogether lost 7000$. (I know one could argue, how could they have been that naive when fiverr clearly states to never take business off the platform, but that person was not from an English speaking contry and the scammers had convinced them by saying the project was really urgent and the possibilities of working together with them on future projects were endless. So they paid the scammers and then started receiving threats from what they thought was a large and legit company which was on the brink of suing them and they paid some more to settle the issue.)

Long story short, can't anything be done about this, maybe limit the amounts of messages that new users can send or only allow profiles that have been completely filled out to message others?

The way things are going right now, I'm even too concerned to upload my certificates, because I wouldn't want personal information in the hands of these scammers.

Sorry for the long rant.

Not sure what the solution is but there’s no denying the problem. It does happen a lot. I do personally find that fiverr is pretty good at identifying the scammers but it does take a little while sometimes.

• Like 5