Buyer ghosted during active order

dxheaven

Question

Hi Yall,

I have an order in progress that was business as usual until out of nowhere the Buyer just disappeared off the face of the earth. The order is about 95% done and he hasn't responded to my messages in about a month now. I usually like to send in-progress drafts in the chat instead of officially submitting them and was awaiting feedback before he stopped responding.

I know I could probably officially deliver this draft and the timer would run out on the Buyer, forcing payment, but I feel kind of bad/sneaky about it, but I also want to get paid for what I've done. Ideally I'd like to just discount the order by $5 or $10 and then deliver the work I've done, but I can't seem to find an option for this. Has anyone else been in this situation or have any advice on how to handle this?

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, dxheaven said:

Has anyone else been in this situation or have any advice on how to handle this?

I usually reach out to the Help Center, because a CS agent can send an email to the customer on my behalf (and it usually gets them communicating with me on Fiverr's platform).

When is your order due? It sounds like your delivery date was set out pretty far if you've been waiting for a month to hear back from your buyer.

I had a buyer disappear on me for three weeks prior to the order delivery date and unfortunately, I was delivering parts of the order in the order chats (much like you). So the buyer had most of the delivery files before he disappeared. I ended up canceling the order because I couldn't deliver the last file without his input. He never did come back.

However, CS adjusted my order completion rate and credited me for the work that I did do (not something that they do all the time, but since he disappeared with most of my work, they chose to compensate me for my work). 

1 hour ago, dxheaven said:

I'd like to just discount the order by $5 or $10 and then deliver the work I've done, but I can't seem to find an option for this. Has anyone else been in this situation or have any advice on how to handle this?

The only way to discount an order is to cancel the existing order and have the buyer accept a new order at a discounted price (within 2 weeks so it doesn't affect your order completion rate). It doesn't work well for nonresponsive buyers.

• Like 11