Seeking Professional Feedback on My Gig: Why Am I Not Getting Orders?

noumanwebpro

From a buyer’s perspective:

You can upsell if you feel like it’s something the buyer will also benefit from too (versus solely for the purpose of increasing your own revenue). For instance, getting a better price for a custom bundle order (rather than a single order), if you notice the client is a heavy repeater. No one wants to feel haggled, make sure whatever you’re doing adds value ‘both’ ways.

Also, if the client starts the discussion that “they are on a budget” and would “not like to go over a certain amount $XX”, then please don’t try to seek pitching anything above that, because they might take it as you being inconsiderate to their pockets lol.

• Like 1
  • Up 1

Upsells are a standard practice, and should always be offered to enhance the buyer's product or service.  "You want fries with that?"

37 minutes ago, pinksamuraiii said:

For instance, getting a better price for a custom bundle order (rather than a single order), if you notice the client is a heavy repeater.

This is missing the point.  You are describing bundling, which actually lowers the overall price of the order. Remember, the algorithm favors the highest average selling price. Therefore, doing this not only decreases your earnings, it would hurt your ASP, meaning less visibility.

37 minutes ago, pinksamuraiii said:

Also, if the client starts the discussion that “they are on a budget” and would “not like to go over a certain amount $XX”, then please don’t try to seek pitching anything above that, because they might take it as you being inconsiderate to their pockets

Also, have to disagree. If my quote is above someone's budget, I tell them nicely that I understand and offer to direct them to a cheaper seller. This is for several reasons. First, often, they go ahead and order anyway, realizing that the "above my budget" haggling tactic is not working. Second, you are again damaging your ASP, and most importantly, agreeing to work for below your standard wage demonstrates that you are not a serious professional and certainly not entitled to your asking price. There is the issue of retaining your rate integrity, not suppressing wages in your vertical and the dignity of being paid what you are worth to be considered. Let hagglers go to someone else. They are usually difficult buyers. 

Always look to offer more services to enhance the buyer's experience and drive revenue up.

do-you-want-fries-with-that.jpg?fit=860%2C588&ssl=1

Edited by newsmike
  • Up 5

• 3 weeks later...