Will editing one gig affect other gigs?

harisawan76

Question

Hi! I have a couple of gigs out of which one is performing really well but another gig is not performing according to my expectations.

I want to make changes in that gig such as optimizing description. I just wanted to know  that will it also affect my other gig which is performing really well?

Thanks.

Edited by harisawan76
Grammar issues fixed
  • Like 8

11 answers to this question

Hi harisawan76!

No, editing one gig will not affect other gigs on Fiverr. When you edit a gig, the changes will only be applied to that specific gig. Other gigs will remain unaffected.

However, there are some things to keep in mind when editing a gig. For example, you cannot change the gig URL or the gig category. Additionally, once you have edited a gig, it may require a secondary manual review, which will temporarily remove the gig from the search results. This is because Fiverr wants to make sure that all gigs are up-to-date and meet their quality standards.

Overall, editing a gig is a relatively straightforward process that will not affect other gigs on Fiverr. Just be sure to keep in mind the limitations that Fiverr has in place.

In your case, you can go ahead and optimize the description of your underperforming gig. It will not affect your other gig which is performing really well. In fact, it might even help your other gig perform better as well.

Here are some tips for optimizing your gig description:

• Make sure your title is clear and concise.
  • Use keywords that potential buyers are likely to search for.
  • Write a compelling description that highlights the benefits of your gig.
  • Use bullet points and images to break up your text and make it easier to read.
  • Proofread your description carefully before submitting it.

I hope this helps!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ahmed_103 said:

Hi harisawan76!

No, editing one gig will not affect other gigs on Fiverr. When you edit a gig, the changes will only be applied to that specific gig. Other gigs will remain unaffected.

However, there are some things to keep in mind when editing a gig. For example, you cannot change the gig URL or the gig category. Additionally, once you have edited a gig, it may require a secondary manual review, which will temporarily remove the gig from the search results. This is because Fiverr wants to make sure that all gigs are up-to-date and meet their quality standards.

Overall, editing a gig is a relatively straightforward process that will not affect other gigs on Fiverr. Just be sure to keep in mind the limitations that Fiverr has in place.

In your case, you can go ahead and optimize the description of your underperforming gig. It will not affect your other gig which is performing really well. In fact, it might even help your other gig perform better as well.

Here are some tips for optimizing your gig description:

• Make sure your title is clear and concise.
  • Use keywords that potential buyers are likely to search for.
  • Write a compelling description that highlights the benefits of your gig.
  • Use bullet points and images to break up your text and make it easier to read.
  • Proofread your description carefully before submitting it.

I hope this helps!

Thank you so much Ahmad! I really appreciate your time/help/consideration to answer my question.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, harisawan76 said:

Hi! I have a couple of gigs out of which one is performing really well but another gig is not performing according to my expectations.

I want to make changes in that gig such as optimizing description. I just wanted to know  that will it also affect my other gig which is performing really well?

Thanks.

No, it won't affect on the other gigs. But It's better creating your same gig preciously if you want to change something on your existing gig.

• Like 5

From my experience and what I have learnt from others on and off the platform, it shouldn't have any effect on the other gig. However, keep in mind that there are updates throughout the website regularly and many things can change. 

Optimizing the gig description is something that many people should do to improve the quality of the gig description and also add or change the service offerings. There is no need to worry about this. 

Thanks for reading.

• Like 5

It shouldn't affect directly your other gigs. But if you edit a gig , it decreases its ranking on the platform and It could indirectly affect your other gigs because lower visibility may reduce the number of potential customers who view your profile or gigs.

• Like 6