Watermark question

authorjperkins

Question

I've accepted my order, gave the illustrator a 5 star review (Eva did a fab job!), and now I'm waiting for Fiverr to remove their watermark. I've contacted Fiverr asking them if they would remove it. Could someone tell me how long this takes? I'm excited to send it out for publication.

Thanks.

• Like 24
  • Up 2

11 answers to this question

1 hour ago, authorjperkins said:

I've accepted my order, gave the illustrator a 5 star review (Eva did a fab job!), and now I'm waiting for Fiverr to remove their watermark. I've contacted Fiverr asking them if they would remove it. Could someone tell me how long this takes? I'm excited to send it out for publication.

Thanks.

Usually you can get it without the watermark when the order is accepted as completed

• Like 19
  • Up 4

5 hours ago, authorjperkins said:

Thanks.

Well it would be better if you ask your designer that send the files without watermark so that you can send them for print.
(Designer delivered her work via Deliver Work button but with watermark).

• Like 17

I've logged out of Fiverr and logged back in but the watermark remains. I did notice that Fiverr removed the watermark from the project that I rejected and asked for revisions. They have not removed it from the final project that I accepted. I've contacted the seller asking if they could zip the file and send it to me and I'm still waiting to hear back. This is frustrating because I spent a lot of money for something that Fiverr needs to correct.

Suggestions?

• Like 17

On 5/2/2023 at 4:54 AM, authorjperkins said:

Thanks.

If it's the "fiverr watermark" you are talking about, just download the files properly by clicking on the file name instead of opening the files in browser (that is only the preview).

• Like 16

No matter what I do, clicking the file and restarting my browser, the watermark remains. The watermark had been removed on the file that needed revisions but left on the final, accepted file.

However, Fiverr support told me that the Fiverr watermark was placed on my order by the seller and I need to ask her to remove the watermark. Is this possible? Why would a seller do this when she has a "reputable" rating?

Final accepted but wirh watermark.JPG

Not correct but watermark removed.JPG

• Like 14

32 minutes ago, authorjperkins said:

No matter what I do, clicking the file and restarting my browser, the watermark remains. The watermark had been removed on the file that needed revisions but left on the final, accepted file.

However, Fiverr support told me that the Fiverr watermark was placed on my order by the seller and I need to ask her to remove the watermark. Is this possible? Why would a seller do this when she has a "reputable" rating?

Final accepted but wirh watermark.JPG

Not correct but watermark removed.JPG

The second image does not have a watermark? Oh I see, it must be the one that needed revision.

No worries, just text the seller to provide an updated file. Error might be on  the seller's end.

Edited by mohd_bilal
  • Like 13

56 minutes ago, authorjperkins said:

However, Fiverr support told me that the Fiverr watermark was placed on my order by the seller and I need to ask her to remove the watermark.

Yep, that watermark is not fiverr watermark, it’s a different font. So it is your seller who placed it. 
Most likely she did that for protection, however if she did it she should’ve sent the files right after you accepted an order and it seems that it was more than 24 hours and she had at least one day to send you the files, which is quite unprofessional 

• Like 11
  • Up 3

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and helpful comments. I'm very hesitant to use her again, which is too bad because I liked her work and I'm surprised since she was higly rated. If I cancel, I'll have to look for another illustrator and hopefully the process will go more smoothly. I appeciate this forum group.

• Like 14

Update: The seller did send me the files through WeTransfer. I have the completed files ready to send to the Ingram Spark for printing. I have another children's book to be sent to an editor, but I'm not sure if I'll use the same illustrator. We'll see. Thank you everyone!

• Like 14