My client doesn't want to pre-order. What should I do now?

halimur_roshid

Question

5 answers to this question

You mean that you work on his project and after he makes an order to pay you? That doesn't sound good, and it doesn't really make sense..

He most likely wants to scam you, honestly with a person like that I wouldn't even start a regular order on Fiverr. Never know what people like that could end up doing. Either way always wait for the order to start, if you start working on their project before they place and order you're not covered. That's the whole point of Fiverr and how the orders work.

• Like 3
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Those type of clients definitely do some bad staff. I am saying from my experience. Because they know they can cancel order they can give low rating then why they need to be done the work first! does not make sense. Also if you look at their budget they offer you more but give you less in the end or they can simply vanish. So always be aware of it. You can show him your works or send him a quick sample using his instructions, I think. This will be good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, maxtpf said:

You mean that you work on his project and after he makes an order to pay you? That doesn't sound good, and it doesn't really make sense..

He most likely wants to scam you, honestly with a person like that I wouldn't even start a regular order on Fiverr. Never know what people like that could end up doing. Either way always wait for the order to start, if you start working on their project before they place and order you're not covered. That's the whole point of Fiverr and how the orders work.

I actually meant that my client messaged me and said to start the work without placing an order. And he also said that when I complete his work properly, he will place an order.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, neela3 said:

Those type of clients definitely do some bad staff. I am saying from my experience. Because they know they can cancel order they can give low rating then why they need to be done the work first! does not make sense. Also if you look at their budget they offer you more but give you less in the end or they can simply vanish. So always be aware of it. You can show him your works or send him a quick sample using his instructions, I think. This will be good.

Thank you very much for your helpful suggestion.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, halimur_roshid said:

I've got a buyer who wants to give me work. But he is saying that he will complete the work with me first and then he will give me the payment, i.e., place an order. I haven't told him anything yet. What should I do now? Seeking expert advice.

That's against the terms. The only thing you should do is refuse. It's a huge red flag. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1