How do I handle tricky clients on Fiverr?

mdalamin334

Question

6 answers to this question

9 hours ago, mdalamin334 said:

How do I handle tricky clients on Fiverr?

Hi @mdalamin334, Are you talking about clients who want to negotiate your rates?

9 hours ago, mdalamin334 said:

Yet I'm unsure of how much to ask for or whether I should ask for anything at all.

You set your rates and how much you want to make. The buyer can ask for a discount, but you don't have to give that to them. Charge what you think you are worth - if you want to charge premium rates, make sure your profile looks like a premium service.

I also noticed that you have one gig listed at $100, but the other gigs are for $10 and $15 prices. If you are offering premium services, make sure that you are consistent across the board (or your buyers will wonder why you are listing the other gigs so low).

• Like 1
  • Up 2

@vickieito Thank you so much for your response.

I'll break it down into two parts:

First off, my gigs are priced fairly, but because I don't have many ratings or a strong Fiverr history, several individuals have requested me to lower the prices as much as possible in order to attract more orders before attempting to raise them.

Second, despite not having ordered or spoken about my services, occasionally people would knock me and ask how I can help them.
So, should I give them the order to follow, or should I just start helping them now and bring up the order later?

Edited by mdalamin334
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mdalamin334 said:

knock on my door and ask how I can help them

Clients are physically coming to your home or office and knocking on the door? That's weird and concerning, considering Fiverr is an online platform. They are indeed tricky customers. I agree.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mdalamin334 said:

So, should I give them the order to follow, or should I just start helping them now and bring up the order later?

If you can do what your buyer is looking for, then I would not recommend working on it without an order. 

• Like 1
  • Up 1

9 minutes ago, rahulkajla1 said:

Clients are physically coming to your home or office and knocking on the door? That's weird and concerning, considering Fiverr is an online platform. They are indeed tricky customers. I agree.

I'm sorry,I mean knock me on a message, it was word mistake.