Request for revision after order autocompletion

noah_ethan_cti

Question

Hi I have delivered a order on time and buyer didn't respond on it for many days and order was auto completed after 3 days. After couple of days, I sent him a follow up message asking for his experience. First he responded that he didn't get the delivery which I have shown him with proof that I have delivered. Then he said I found it and I will tell you about the review in couple of days. Now he want me to revise 1 topic from delivery. What should I do? Charge him some acceptable amount or do it for free? I am already working on another platform and it requires my time and effort to do rework

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, noah_ethan_cti said:

What should I do? Charge him some acceptable amount or do it for free?

It's your choice.

I would actually never contact the buyer days after an auto-completed order. I would usually contact them beforehand letting them know that their review period will expire soon and the order will auto-complete and close if they take no further action.

Technically, the buyer's review period has expired so the buyer lost that opportunity to review the order and request a revision. Fiverr also sends notifications when an order is complete, so he should have received notification when the order was delivered. So you could charge a fee for a revision and take care of this request in a new order. This can make your revision worth your time because you have other things that you need to do as well. The only downside is, doing it this way can lead to a disgruntled buyer who may leave you a negative review (private or public).

Since the buyer didn't use his one free revision, you might choose to make an exception for the buyer. But this should be an exception and you should be clearer in your future orders how the revision and review process works. I let my buyers know my revision process before an order is placed, I'll also include it in the order requirements, in the delivery, and every time there is a revision. This makes it super clear to my buyer what they can expect and know when they will be charged for revisions.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

It's your choice.

I would actually never contact the buyer days after an auto-completed order. I would usually contact them beforehand letting them know that their review period will expire soon and the order will auto-complete and close if they take no further action.

Technically, the buyer's review period has expired so the buyer lost that opportunity to review the order and request a revision. Fiverr also sends notifications when an order is complete, so he should have received notification when the order was delivered. So you could charge a fee for a revision and take care of this request in a new order. This can make your revision worth your time because you have other things that you need to do as well. The only downside is, doing it this way can lead to a disgruntled buyer who may leave you a negative review (private or public).

Since the buyer didn't use his one free revision, you might choose to make an exception for the buyer. But this should be an exception and you should be clearer in your future orders how the revision and review process works. I let my buyers know my revision process before an order is placed, I'll also include it in the order requirements, in the delivery, and every time there is a revision. This makes it super clear to my buyer what they can expect and know when they will be charged for revisions.

Thanks for explaining it so well

• Like 6

18 hours ago, noah_ethan_cti said:

Hi I have delivered a order on time and buyer didn't respond on it for many days and order was auto completed after 3 days. After couple of days, I sent him a follow up message asking for his experience. First he responded that he didn't get the delivery which I have shown him with proof that I have delivered. Then he said I found it and I will tell you about the review in couple of days. Now he want me to revise 1 topic from delivery. What should I do? Charge him some acceptable amount or do it for free? I am already working on another platform and it requires my time and effort to do rework

I never contact anyone after the order has been completed, however it is up to you if you want to offer them a free review.

• Like 4

I faced the same issue. I always try to help them if the revision is small and not take much time. But if they want something new should be added or huge change that requires couple of hours, then I politely ask my charge for it and eventually the agree. 

You can do it for free and you can charge him as he did not respond on time and the contact is over. It is totally up to you. 

• Like 4