How does fiverr protect its seller against scammers

isaacikwebe

I would like to know what are the policies to protect seller from scammers who pose as buyers.

Okay so this is how it goes a buyer contacts a seller to work on a particular project and once the seller delivers the buyer goes to contact customer support to cancel the order After the seller already delivered. It usually takes one to two weeks and without the knowledge of the seller the money is being debited from the sellers earnings and refunded to the buyer.

He gets you work for free😹😹

I personally have been a victim of this scammers who pose as buyers several times and I contacted customer support, and guess what they do nothing.

There is absolutely no policy that protect the sellers work from scammers, it's as easy as ABC once the buyer contacts the customer support the order gets cancelled and there's nothing you can do about that as a seller. No compensation no prior notice nothing, you just get debited. I think we should raise more awareness on this particular case as it is totally unfair and unacceptable.

• Like 13

There are way too many cases of the same scam and the worst part is seeing Fiverr not doing anything against this even though there are many things that they could do. From sharing more statistics of the buyer (which you can see if you pay for Fiverr plus) to having a resolution center that takes the time to see the evidence from both sides. Currently they just issue a refund, it doesn't matter that there are no proofs or even if what the buyer is contradicting himself.

I think this is killing Fiverr and making them loose a lot of money and sellers, no wonder why their stock is down 90% from their all time highs.

After it happened to me I google Fiverr scam and I was shocked with many horror stories. In my case I was able to recoup my money after a exhausting struggle but only because I took precautions and was able to present solid proofs that I did my job. But I can see that for some kinds of services it would be very hard or impossible to take this precautions. One additional precaution I'm taking is not accepting anything from a new account that has little or no reputation.

Besides taking precautions I think it's useful to kindly contact their CEO by email or social media, sometimes people high up are genuinely not aware of what is going on at the micro level, but I think if he sees that complaints are multiplying he would make something about it. And might also help other sellers to be more careful.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2023 at 2:17 PM, isaacikwebe said:

I would like to know what are the policies to protect seller from scammers who pose as buyers.

Okay so this is how it goes a buyer contacts a seller to work on a particular project and once the seller delivers the buyer goes to contact customer support to cancel the order After the seller already delivered. It usually takes one to two weeks and without the knowledge of the seller the money is being debited from the sellers earnings and refunded to the buyer.

He gets you work for free😹😹

I personally have been a victim of this scammers who pose as buyers several times and I contacted customer support, and guess what they do nothing.

There is absolutely no policy that protect the sellers work from scammers, it's as easy as ABC once the buyer contacts the customer support the order gets cancelled and there's nothing you can do about that as a seller. No compensation no prior notice nothing, you just get debited. I think we should raise more awareness on this particular case as it is totally unfair and unacceptable.

I also want to know that. It's really a awkward situation for all sellers.

• Like 5