Receiving service offers on email after completing an order

damjand99

Question

Yesterday I completed my first order after hiring a freelancer to create an illustration for me. Ever since I submitted a requirement, I have already received 4 emails within the same day from random people who are asking me if I am in need of a service they are offering. They were all different, including SEO services, illustrations, websites and more.

Does my email become publicly available somewhere and do freelancers get access to it once I become active on Fiverr? I am convinced this is through Fiverr since this started happening only yesterday after I hired someone through Fiverr for the first time and the emails are asking me if I am in need of some service.

I am also starting to questions if this is even allowed to happen or it's a critical error by Fiverr's side. If this keeps happening I'm definitely going to have to take further action.

• Like 5

2 answers to this question

This never happened to me. Just to make sure, check that you are not share your email in one of your socials linked to fiverr or that you didn't give your email to a customer in your chat.

I want to specify that I am a seller, and was never given any email from fiverr.

Edited by lehandesigns
  • Like 3

There is an option that allows sellers to directly send you a message, but I have not seen these requests yet. I think the problem is with the seller who provided you the service; they probably forwarded your profile name to other sellers for them to contact you. If tribalism is the case, you can just see if these sellers are all from the same country.

• Like 3