Almost a year on Fiverr, not a single sale

psybotstudios

Dear all, I've been sifting through the forum and seeing others' experiences on the similar matter and I couldn't but wonder why am I on the same train, as described in the title? I've followed all the suggestions from people, namely to craft a gig that has all the necessary information for the buyers, be simple enough to understand, add a video or few to the description, submit the logo of the company etc. I'd be happy to hear opinions of what I am missing here, is there a secret sauce to success on Fiverr particularly? I was about to end up printing flyers and hand around to people or post close to venue centers, universities and similar facilities for promoting the music studio. But then again, this beats the purpose of being on Fiverr after all. I'm confused.

Edited by psybotstudios
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, psybotstudios said:

Dear all, I've been sifting through the forum and seeing others' experiences on the similar matter and I couldn't but wonder why am I on the same train, as described in the title? I've followed all the suggestions from people, namely to craft a gig that has all the necessary information for the buyers, be simple enough to understand, add a video or few to the description, submit the logo of the company etc. I'd be happy to hear opinions of what I am missing here, is there a secret sauce to success on Fiverr particularly? I was about to end up printing flyers and hand around to people or post close to venue centers, universities and similar facilities for promoting the music studio. But then again, this beats the purpose of being on Fiverr after all. I'm confused.

Hi @psybotstudios, how are your numbers looking (impressions and clicks)? Are the numbers pretty constant or are they trending in any direction? And have you had any inquiries?

The only thing that I saw that might be working against you is the "Recommended" section that Fiverr shows to the buyers - most of the "Recommended" mixing & mastering gigs that are shown to me are half your price, so I don't know if pricing is a factor here. I definitely think you should be charging what you're worth, especially with your level of experience. However, it might take longer to start getting orders because of your pricing. You might want to price yourself competitively at first and then significantly raise your prices every 10 orders or so.

One thing that you might be able to do to improve your gig's appeal and make it different from others in your category is to have a gig video with you talking about yourself and your Unique Selling Propositions (USPs). That will allow buyers to see your personality and put a face to your gig. Also, adding as many portfolio samples as possible allows you to have credibility when you don't have reviews to back you up.

You can use the following URLs to share your portfolio with others:

https://www.fiverr.com/support/articles/360011421198

The following URLs may be used in your profile or Gig description:
  • ammyy.com

• blogspot.com

• dafont.com

• dailymotion.com

• flickr.com

• mixcloud.com

• reverbnation.com

• soundcloud.com

• teamviewer.com

• tumblr.com

• vimeo.com

• wetransfer.com

• wikipedia.org

• wordcounter.net

• youtube.com

Note: If you use a URL in your Gig, which is not in the above list, your Gig may be denied. Repetitive violations may also cause an account to be restricted.

• Like 6

I don't have enough knowledge about your service type to comment on the specifics, but you can surely update your gigs.

• The gig description allows for 1200 characters and you have used 748 of those. It would be better to expand on your content and develop a more personalized description.
  • Think of at least five questions potential clients might ask about working with you and your answers to them. Write the FAQ section.
  • I will also recommend that you rewrite your profile description, so that it resembles something like this: "Hi, my name is Dr. Bruno. I have experience in helping people deal with... I am an expert in the field of... If you are interested in my services, please contact me."
  • Like 7