When should I rise the price of my gig?

Guest ca7acly5m

Guest ca7acly5m

Hello! I am a 16 years old freelancer on Fiverr. I somehow managed to get my gig on the first page in my niche with a very nice Gig video. The thing is that I offer "Funny Video Editing" for Gaming content mainly and the prices are based on the final running time. I ask 5$ for 5 minutes(2 days delivery), 10$ for 10 minutes(2 days delivery) and 15$ for 15 minutes(3 days delivery) with Unlimited Revisions and a Free Thumbnail.
In my opinion, I don't have many reviews like the Top Sellers in that niche but I am pretty sure that I edit at the same level or even at a higher level. The problem here is that they charge like 40$ for the same thing I charge 5$ and I know I am the one underpaid but how do I know it's the right time to rise the price a little?

I am not a narcissist or anything. No offense to the other editors they are doing a great work too.

Guest ca7acly5m
On 11/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, strategist_ceo said:

When you have over 10 reviews (at least) and have 3-5 orders in queue, you can increase your price at that precise moment. This is because the algorithm is likely working for you due to your work load and ability to convert, so it will likely tide you through.

Oh ok. Now I have like 8 orders in queue =D I somehow got on the first page too 

The answer is simply down to supply and demand. Are you getting orders at your current price point and are all your buyers currently happy with your skill/service? If so it could be worth trying to increase your price. If you're not getting orders at your current price point, then you need to address why this might be before considering charging more. 

• Like 13

Seriously @rakibmaruf?

SERIOUSLY?

You literally copy and pasted this question from @ca7acly5m.

All you did was change your age from 16 to 22 (nice catch, it would obviously just look crazy/silly if you kept the age the same).

Why would you do it? Why do you keep doing it? It literally boggles my mind. I just don't understand it. Like why?

Please tell me why, I genuinely want to know!

There is no benefit to you, or any other seller or buyer, or any other human being in the world.

Indeed, no one that has ever existed in humanity, or will ever exist until the end of time will benefit from this contribution.

It adds no value to the forum and is once again plagiarism.

It wastes the time of decent sellers such as @callyofficialthat genuinely just want to help other sellers.

It puts people off using the forum when they see rubbish like this.

STOP PLAGIARISING. Yes, the caps are intentional. Continuing to plagiarise, or give bad / incorrect advice will result in a ban.

The forum can be a wonderful place, a place to learn and help each other become better sellers. Please use it constructively. Please post questions that you genuinely have that you can't find an answer for.

Edited by williambryan392
  • Like 5
  • Up 5

Guest ca7acly5m

UPDATE
This week I was constantly with 5 active orders but I'll keep the same price for 1 or 2 weeks more because I had some order cancellations (some clients ordering without asking and thinking I can speak french) and if I raise the price now my gig could die.
I am planning to make 3 more gigs around this niche to compensate the loss this weekend so it's not a big deal. Thank you all for the answers.
I'll modify the price when I get back up