Low Budget | Strict Deadlines

hira_mustafa

Hello everyone! I want to ask about how to deal with buyers who have a loads of work but very low budegt like $10 or $20 but task is of more than $100. Plus they also have strict deadlines like complete this task in 24 hours. I already have low pricing and still would love to negotiate over it but $10 does not make any sense. I am already getting low number of orders. Should I accept orders with such low budgets?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 24
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, mash_raju said:

Next time you will tell the client to raise the price, or cancel the order mutually If you think account  will be affected, then you have to complete a low price order.. 

I do not take such orders. But this thing really piss me off. I rarely get good clients. It is like a routine of buyers coming message n asking for low budget.

• Like 20
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, hira_mustafa said:

Hello everyone! I want to ask about how to deal with buyers who have a loads of work but very low budegt like $10 or $20 but task is of more than $100. Plus they also have strict deadlines like complete this task in 24 hours. I already have low pricing and still would love to negotiate over it but $10 does not make any sense. I am already getting low number of orders. Should I accept orders with such low budgets?

Thanks in advance.

Never accept work like this.
This is ridiculous.

I've seen this a lot in Briefs offers where people want an Online Multiplayer game for a browser + mobile for like $30...

Tbh those kind of offers should be reported imo, because this is just a scam.

If you really need work, then I'd go a bit lower from your usual prices, like 20% lower maybe...but that's the extent of it.

Also consider raising your prices, this might actually give you more offers than you think.
Even if it seems counter-intuitive, people tend to think that more expensive = better.

And make more gigs.

Lastly, I don't understand the appeal of using gig thumbnails which use stock photo of random smiling people.
Did u consider a thumbnail image which has a wordpress logo + bullet point list of what you can do?

• Like 25
  • Up 4

3 minutes ago, tarnos said:

Never accept work like this.
This is ridiculous.

I've seen this a lot in Briefs offers where people want an Online Multiplayer game for a browser + mobile for like $30...

Tbh those kind of offers should be reported imo, because this is just a scam.

If you really need work, then I'd go a bit lower from your usual prices, like 20% lower maybe...but that's the extent of it.

Also consider raising your prices, this might actually give you more offers than you think.
Even if it seems counter-intuitive, people tend to think that more expensive = better.

And make more gigs.

Lastly, I don't understand the appeal of using gig thumbnails which use stock photo of random smiling people.
Did u consider a thumbnail image which has a wordpress logo + bullet point list of what you can do?

Thank you for this detailed response. I really appreaciate your concern. I try different types of gig thumnails and I have tried with wordpress logo and bullet points as well. And will surely consider in redesigning my gigs as well. I have 7 gigs, last day I paused few of them. Because I was not getting impressions.

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, smart_grantz said:

I think as a freelancer you should charge what your time is worth........ If you're comfortable doing a work for a client at a price then just go ahead but make sure you're comfortable with the price. It's very important 

Exactly, I charge for the time and effort I put in. But there are some sellers who design websites even in $5 or with low budget so sellers think every one else is going to do this in same budget for them.

• Like 17

When you are a seller that has not established themselves on the platform yet, you are routinely targeted by clients that want to take advantage of you.

These people know that you may be desperate to build your profile and increase your reviews.

It has happened to all of us. Your portfolio or prior experience does little to change that. Most clients just want to see numbers—social proof.

How you approach such situations is completely up to you. You are not guaranteed a review or even a positive outcome by engaging with these people. In fact, it can turn into the exact opposite, and they can devastate your account.

My suggestion is to be patient! Fine tune your profile, services, and communication. Create a personable experience by showing the clients who they are going to be working with. Charge a bit less than what you are worth, and the results will come.

I hope this helps!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, sunboatrecords said:

When you are a seller that has not established themselves on the platform yet, you are routinely targeted by clients that want to take advantage of you.

These people know that you may be desperate to build your profile and increase your reviews.

It has happened to all of us. Your portfolio or prior experience does little to change that. Most clients just want to see numbers—social proof.

How you approach such situations is completely up to you. You are not guaranteed a review or even a positive outcome by engaging with these people. In fact, it can turn into the exact opposite, and they can devastate your account.

My suggestion is to be patient! Fine tune your profile, services, and communication. Create a personable experience by showing the clients who they are going to be working with. Charge a bit less than what you are worth, and the results will come.

I hope this helps!

Thank you, I will consider your points.

• Like 13

I will also add that I've seen a lot of "experts" on fiverr.

When I tried to order something from them, NONE was able to do a simple scripting job for excel/google sheets.
If i had spent a bit of time reading through a documentation, I would have done it...
Had to search for someone on discord to get this done instead.

Fiverr has tons of "experts" that work for $10, but my experience with them was terrible.
They have 5-10 years of experience(apparently), but can't do the simplest of things.

Seems like if someone offers such a low price on their gig, that they don't believe in their own skill.
Don't offer skills you can't provide is the easiest way to put it, don't say that you are an expert if you are not confident.
The word "expert" lost it's meaning after I've seen it on fiverr too many times.

I'd rather see examples of your work that will convince me.

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, tarnos said:

I will also add that I've seen a lot of "experts" on fiverr.

When I tried to order something from them, NONE was able to do a simple scripting job for excel/google sheets.
If i had spent a bit of time reading through a documentation, I would have done it...
Had to search for someone on discord to get this done instead.

Fiverr has tons of "experts" that work for $10, but my experience with them was terrible.
They have 5-10 years of experience(apparently), but can't do the simplest of things.

Seems like if someone offers such a low price on their gig, that they don't believe in their own skill.
Don't offer skills you can't provide is the easiest way to put it, don't say that you are an expert if you are not confident.
The word "expert" lost it's meaning after I've seen it on fiverr too many times.

I'd rather see examples of your work that will convince me.

You're right, I mean I have been working for over five years before someone introduced me to this platform which I spent months reading about. I read all the articles they have about sellers and buyers, read up stories online and watched YouTube videos before I was finally ready to create a gig. But now that I'm here I often see gigs that are not even well thought about before creating and many that actually violate the TOS. So many of them looking for buyers to disappoint because they cannot offer the skill they're advertising. I just know the fiverr algorithm is smart and can sort quality gigs.

• Like 11

On 11/12/2022 at 4:46 PM, hira_mustafa said:

Thanks in advance.

If maintaining the deadline is not possible for you, you should not take the order. But most of the sellers as far as I know ask the buyer to extend the deadline after placing the order or when they work on the revisions. 

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, kn_tisha said:

Starting with a low budget and then gradually increasing the budget

17 minutes ago, shohel_mahamud_ said:

Obviously, as a new seller, your budget should be low. But I  you should never accept too low budget but high quantity works.

This seems so wrong...
Don't go low budget, just go for what you are worth.

If you want "low budget" then create a gig for something simple that doesn't require much work.

Don't undervalue yourself just because you are "new", this is why scammers go after new sellers.

It's not like you were born yesterday, you might be new on fiverr, but you came here with some skills to sell, that means you are not new, but you have experience in your field.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

1. Average selling price is a fact for selling your service. If you sell your gig under average selling price, your gig can lose rank.

2. I have a bad experience with a this type of buyer. Most of the time they do not want to give a good review and try to extend their task in any cause with same budget.

3. But if you have more free time and comfortable with order time then you can compromise the price for future price upgration. Everything will depends up to you, how you are thinking. Sometime it can be better.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, gmuhit_five said:

1. Average selling price is a fact for selling your service. If you sell your gig under average selling price, your gig can lose rank.

There's no way to show this is true. I sell a lot of $5 gigs and my average selling price is much higher, and I still am at the top of search results. Customer satisfaction has more to do with your search results positioning rather than what you mentioned above. 

• Like 9
  • Up 2

24 minutes ago, donnovan86 said:

There's no way to show this is true. I sell a lot of $5 gigs and my average selling price is much higher, and I still am at the top of search results. Customer satisfaction has more to do with your search results positioning rather than what you mentioned above. 

image.png.c65d06e4b45d8576c1079377e2598c96.png

• Like 9

9 minutes ago, gmuhit_five said:

image.png.c65d06e4b45d8576c1079377e2598c96.png

A random post from Quora doesn't prove anything though. And the English used in that post is so bad it burns my eyes.. 

Anyway, believe that if you want, but having a lower sales price won't be a problem and it definitely won't derank you. If anything, it makes you more competitive and you generate more sales. The more you increase prices, the less sales you usually have (although there are exceptions). And when you end up delivering late, cancel orders and so on, those things have a much bigger impact on your gig. 

Edited by donnovan86
  • Like 12