I'm in depression now due to algorithms

waqasiqbal763

Question

Ok so I'm level 2 seller on Fiverr since 2017 and started professional and full time freelancing in 2020 july. I have completed 2500+ projects successfully on fiverr with 80 cancellation including those as well that cancelled by buyer's mistake. I've started using promoted gig option and since then i was facing issue after every second day that my gigs are not qualified and then all gigs disappeared from all searches.

I stopped using that option and everything was going smoothly from last 6 to 7 months. On 8th of september all my gigs again disappeared from all searchs/ pages and keywords and my impression of best gig went down from 2500+ to zero per day. Perfomance was outstanding, There were no cancellation, Reveiws were amazing, Clients were happy, Delivery rate, Response rate, everything was excellent. It remains the same for 35 days almost. and in these35 days i just got orders from my old clients, no orders from new client or any message. then on 12th of october i got the notification that "Head's up, you are not promoting your gigs now. promote your  gigs". and after 5 to 7 hours of this notification got all my 6,7 gigs back on first page on respective categories. Everythins was going perfect now. started getting alot of business as well but again on 21st of october all gigs disappeared from all searches/pages/keywords etc and impression zero again on all gigs. Like seriously?

What is happening here? Still i have 50+ orders in Queue. It just gives depressiona nothing else. Can someone help me with experience?

• Like 10

4 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, waqasiqbal763 said:

What is happening here? Still i have 50+ orders in Queue. It just gives depressiona nothing else. Can someone help me with experience?

If you have 50 orders in queue, clearly, it's a glitch.... why would you still obsess over you impressions if clearly, business was blooming for you? I understand that it looks scary, but I've long stopped thinking about impressions (unless I had 0 orders in queue, which likely said that I had a dip in performance (aka, likely a bad private review for whatever reason.) 

IF you stop getting orders (even from regular clients, etc.) I would get worried - but not depressed. (Depression is a mental illness and a very serious matter. If work pushes into it, you might want to talk to a professional/think about how to improve your mental health (and so on). 

• Like 10

15 minutes ago, waqasiqbal763 said:

I have not seen my  gig on second page, why? Drop of ranking means gigs will go down from 1st page to 2nd, 3rd or 4th or 5th.

If you do some digging on the forum you'll find that ranking doesn't exist the same way as before - Fiverr now matches you up with the seller who's most likely to actually get an order from you (or sellers). Now, of course, it IS possible that you got a few bad private reviews (because those are very important) and due to that, you're recommended less, but just because you can't find your own gig you shouldn't get depressed.

I'd probably see about signing up for seller plus to get indepth analytics (if you haven't yet) and see what happens. 

Your category IS overcrowded, and ups and downs are to be expected unfortunately - even if it seems like your competition is doing just fine. You can't know for sure if they have higher impressions than you.

(having a huge team like that, I understand the pressure you're under, but the only way to solve it, probably, is to increase your performance/maybe try promotion again when it comes back? It HAS been a bit buggy for me recently as well, but I'm sure it'll work out OK. What you saw probably with the promotions/orders stopping was actually a negative (private) review, which honestly, when you handle so many orders is likely very normal... 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, waqasiqbal763 said:

Ok so I'm level 2 seller on Fiverr since 2017 and started professional and full time freelancing in 2020 july. I have completed 2500+ projects successfully on fiverr with 80 cancellation including those as well that cancelled by buyer's mistake. I've started using promoted gig option and since then i was facing issue after every second day that my gigs are not qualified and then all gigs disappeared from all searches.

I stopped using that option and everything was going smoothly from last 6 to 7 months. On 8th of september all my gigs again disappeared from all searchs/ pages and keywords and my impression of best gig went down from 2500+ to zero per day. Perfomance was outstanding, There were no cancellation, Reveiws were amazing, Clients were happy, Delivery rate, Response rate, everything was excellent. It remains the same for 35 days almost. and in these35 days i just got orders from my old clients, no orders from new client or any message. then on 12th of october i got the notification that "Head's up, you are not promoting your gigs now. promote your  gigs". and after 5 to 7 hours of this notification got all my 6,7 gigs back on first page on respective categories. Everythins was going perfect now. started getting alot of business as well but again on 21st of october all gigs disappeared from all searches/pages/keywords etc and impression zero again on all gigs. Like seriously?

No words . It's confusing though. 

• Like 6

You are right

But I'm working here since years, I'm an IT person and i know how algorithms work. I've team of 20 professionals in my office and our business is running throufh fiverr. Competitors are still there since months. Their gigs are stable. There are things that are very confusing. Like how is it possible that all gigs disappeared at the same time? I have not seen my  gig on second page, why? Drop of ranking means gigs will go down from 1st page to 2nd, 3rd or 4th or 5th.

But what is this to disappeared from fiverr.

Suppose one month when everything is good then you get 10,000$ per month and when you see these issue you earn 2000 to 3000$. then this thing gives depression.

• Like 4