Very Similar Gigs Different Categories, Allowable?

atawin

Question

Hello,

I need help with 2 scenarios:

Scenario 1:

I am interested in posting 2 gigs which are very similar in nature. 

One would be under Lifestyle>Wellness>Meal Plans.

The other would be under Lifestyle>Wellness>Workout Plans.

Both gigs offer workout and meal planning.

The pricing, descriptions, FAQs, requirements, and images are all nearly identical.

Scenario 2:

I am interested in posting 2 gigs which are very similar in nature. 

One would be under Lifestyle>Wellness>Fitness Lessons.

The other would be under Lifestyle>Wellness>Workout Plans.

Both gigs offer workout and meal planning.

The pricing, descriptions, FAQs, requirements, and images are all nearly identical.

I have seen in the forums that duplicate gigs are not allowed. I need help to understand if these scenarios would be allowed.

• Like 4

2 answers to this question

Duplicate gigs are not allowed; however, you can create niche gigs. For example, you can have a gig titled "Meal Plans to lose weight", another gig titled "Meal Plans for hypertensive individuals", and so on. All of these gigs fall under the same category (Health & Fitness), but each is unique in its own way.

That said, why will you have almost identical gig descriptions? Be unique and have original descriptions for every single gig and unique banner images. Then you will "stand out from the crowd" and grow in your business.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, strategist_ceo said:

Duplicate gigs are not allowed; however, you can create niche gigs. For example, you can have a gig titled "Meal Plans to lose weight", another gig titled "Meal Plans for hypertensive individuals", and so on. All of these gigs fall under the same category (Health & Fitness), but each is unique in its own way.

That said, why will you have almost identical gig descriptions? Be unique and have original descriptions for every single gig and unique banner images. Then you will "stand out from the crowd" and grow in your business.

Hello, thanks for reply. 

The reason I was thinking of having almost identical gig descriptions, is I was wanting to offer essentially the same service but be able to capture the interest of potential customers who might be motivated by different scenarios, such as one person search on fiverr look to lose weight through exercise, while another through diet. Both gigs include the idea of exercise and diet, but I was thinking to categorize in both so as to capture both potential search signals.

• Like 4