Question About Briefs

vickiespencer

Question

Today a buyer contacted me through my inbox to say thank you for responding to her brief, which confuses me. Typically when a buyer responds to one of my briefs, it comes as a message under my offer. However, there was no such offer attached to this message.

Is there a place where we can view all of the brief offers we have made? 

• Like 3

12 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I wish we could see all our Brief offers in one place too! Currently, all "offers" are lumped into one category in our inbox. We can't sort based on the type of offer. Since I also buy, I've received over 100 offers to buy services. This is mixed in with twice as many custom offers I make for my own buyers, and it's not easy to find the briefs in the mix. I recently had to go through all of these offers to withdraw them because I was getting more orders than I could handle. It was a real bear to go through them manually. 

15 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

Typically when a buyer responds to one of my briefs, it comes as a message under my offer. However, there was no such offer attached to this message.

That is strange! You should have the offer show up in the inbox, at least.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

That's a great idea, wish it were so. I think they have several areas that need improvement. I had a buyer respond to a message I had sent after a week. I realized I could only scroll back 4 days to see the briefs I had been sent.

• Like 3

Maybe we can compile a list of things we'd like to see to improve the brief process, and take it to our SMs to pass along to the design team. If this is going to replace Buyer Requests, it does need some improvement. So far, I see:

1) A place to see all of the brief offers we have made. 

2) The ability to sort by types of offers.

3) The ability to see all of the briefs we have been sent. So far, we can only go back about 4 days.

4) Some type of Brief dashboard or common area (maybe under the Business dropdown) where we can see all the tools we mentioned in 1-3.

What else? 😀

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

I thought so too. My second thought was that the buyer has two accounts. 🤔

I looked, I cannot find this buyer in my custom offer folder.

Or another seller might have put the brief out for their customer, and then passed your info onto their buyer.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

15 minutes ago, danno1950 said:

What else? 😀

The ability to set more criteria than the price!

I'd like to specify different prices for different categories, add gig extras (that the buyer can select as optional add ons), and add in an expiration dates.

What would really be nice is if we can set up custom offer templates too, so that when we get a brief, we can just personalize the template to the buyer and then send the offer.

• Like 5

Awesome suggestions, Vickie!

5) The ability to set more criteria than price.

6) The ability to set different prices for different categories.

7) The ability to add gig extras.

8} The ability to add an expiration date for an offer we make.

9) Custom Offer templates, which we can then personalize for each buyer.

I think I'm going to let this list sit around for a while, and see what other suggestions we get. Then I'll compile them all and send them to my SM.

• Like 2
  • Up 1

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

add in an expiration dates.

With the offer I sent today I added an expiration date.

1 hour ago, vickieito said:

Or another seller might have put the brief out for their customer, and then passed your info onto their buyer.

So, I responded to a seller who had posted the brief for a customer?

This buyer is also odd in that I respond very quickly to them, and they do not come back for an hour or more. It makes for taking a long time to make any progress. Perhaps, I am dealing with a reseller who is copying and pasting replies between his buyer and me.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

With the offer I sent today I added an expiration date.

Good to hear! I should start using this.

53 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

So, I responded to a seller who had posted the brief for a customer?

I've dealt with buyers acting on behalf of other buyers, sellers acting on behalf of buyers, and then the reseller. It complicates things.

54 minutes ago, vickiespencer said:

This buyer is also odd in that I respond very quickly to them, and they do not come back for an hour or more. It makes for taking a long time to make any progress. Perhaps, I am dealing with a reseller who is copying and pasting replies between his buyer and me.

That may be true. Or they may be very distracted. Sometimes I get busy and forget to respond to my sellers. I forgot one of my sellers for 4 hours yesterday because I was completely focused on an order I was working on. I had no idea four hours had passed.

• Like 4