my gig’s clicks took a nosedive suddenly. what should i do?

rnotte

39 minutes ago, rnotte said:

i had a very busy july, with plenty of orders and activity. but last week, suddenly no one is finding or clicking my gig. is there a reason for that?

i thought it was the outdated description, so i overhauled it last night. but that didn’t help, so what am i doing wrong?

here’s the link to the gig: https://www.fiverr.com/share/aYQgxg

A sudden drop in visibility on Fiverr is most likely caused by negative private feedback or other stats dropping. It means one of your buyers probably left some negative anonymous feedback to Fiverr, and it has caused your buyer satisfaction rate to drop. Private reviews are much more important than public ones. 

If you have regular buyers you can work with, make sure you impress them every step of the way. Making your buyers happy and getting that buyer satisfaction rate up again will most likely take some time and effort. 

To avoid negative feedback in the future, you should: 

• Under-promise and over-deliver
  • Be honest about your skills
  • Communicate, communicate, communicate
  • Make sure you always understand the requirements of a job before you start
  • Ask questions when in doubt 
  • Keep the buyer updated on progress along the way
  • Make it easy for buyers to work with you: be friendly, open, helpful and available to answer any questions they might have
  • Be good at what you do 
  • Like 4

what even is private feedback? from what i remember, i had a customer who accidentally cancelled their order with me, and one where i had 4 revision sessions. does that count as negative feedback?

sheesh, why does everything have to be so pointlessly complicated?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, rnotte said:

what even is private feedback? from what i remember, i had a customer who accidentally cancelled their order with me, and one where i had 4 revision sessions. does that count as negative feedback?

sheesh, why does everything have to be so pointlessly complicated?

Private feedback happens after an order is completed. It comes in two parts: One right after the order is completed, asking the buyer to rate the service they received based on the price (value for money). The next one comes 24 hours after the order has been completed. It asks the buyer how happy they are with the delivery and service they got from the seller. 

The private feedback determines your buyer satisfaction rate. If you have a high buyer satisfaction rate, Fiverr will promote your gig. If it's low, they will promote you less. 

Regarding your cancelation: yes, cancelations can affect your ranking on Fiverr. You can see your order completion rate in your dashboard. Best to keep it as high as possible. If it drops too low, you'll be less visible on Fiverr and risk getting demoted if you have a seller level. 

Regarding the 4 revision requests: Yes. Lately, Fiverr has been asking the buyer why they need the revision. If the buyer answers that they just need more changes, you're ok. But if they opt for alternatives like "Received a partial delivery" or "Low-quality delivery," this will also affect you greatly. Lately, Fiverr has begun to suspend sellers from the platform due to "getting flagged for low-quality deliveries." It's all a part of Fiverrs' effort to promote quality instead of quantity. 

So yes, both your cancelation and multiple revision requests can affect you (depending on the reason for both). 

It's not pointless at all. It's an integral part of how Fiverr works. Fiverr wants its customers to be happy. To make that happen, they need to promote great sellers, hide bad sellers and keep us on our toes. That way, we keep doing great work. Those who don't will disappear. It's a meritocracy, and Fiverr is continuously growing the size of its dataset to measure quality, communication, revenue, performance, and so on. 

I agree that it can be a bit complicated to wrap your head around this as a new seller. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 4

i’m not a bad seller, though. that cancellation was completely by accident (the customer admitted they were high and sent a dispute. to the wrong person). besides, i have 18 5 star reviews, so i must be doing something right

also, i’m a level 1 seller, not a new seller

• Like 2

so, i won’t know if my customer actually hated their order, and therefore, improve my services? what kind of logic is that?

in that case, how can i build my engagement back if nobody can find me?

Edited by rnotte
  • Like 2