Ai Driven - Suggestions and Improvements

I hope Fiverr would develop an Ai funded by cryptocurrency incentive-based contracts with top developers on this platform. Somehow the machine learning algorithm should understand the FiVERR system and allocate the best-rated services to the buyer. 

• Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

What a great question,  I think that at some point (If it isn't already happening) Fiverr will adopt an AI first approach to everything it does. There is already a complex algorithm at work, but live every new bot the process has some flaws in places.  The beauty of Artificial intelligence though is that it works to a consistent standard and it is completely unbiased. The decisions it makes contain no emotion and therefore the following areas should standardise and improve. 

1) Gig Ranking 

2) Gig Approval

3) Spamming 

AI will also be able to understand 'big data' a lot more.  it can run complex queries on areas you never thought.  How well your gig is written, does it contain any spelling mistakes? are you using copyright free images? are you following the terms and conditions at every step.  All of this will be done in the background without you knowing and it WILL affect your rankings.   This machine is far more advanced than any of us and I'm sure at some point in the near future us mortals on a forum will not be able to answer questions such as 'why wont my gig rank' or my impressions are down. The machine will decide on 100s of different factors, some of which we will have no idea about.  It will keep learning all of the time and in my opinion make for a better and more consistent marketplace 

But AI will of course work the other way,  there are thinktanks all over the world compiling lists of jobs that are at immediate risk of automation, and these include areas that some of you may work in on Fiverr

1) Data Entry 

2) Proofreading 

3) Digital Marketing 

4) SEO

5) Translation Services 

And many, many more. So whilst the introduction of AI and machine learning is an exciting one in terms of it bringing a step change to how we do things on Fiverr. a lot of us need to start thinking about how we can diversify in what we do.  If a machine or app is going to take over your job, next week, next year, next decade what are you going to do about it?

After all,  they are prepared to work for free, have no holidays and can stay online 24/7

A scary thought, but something to ponder next time you write your next gig.  How can you be different and stand out from the rest in what you offer.  are you futureproofing yourself?

Only the innovative will succeed.

Breals. 

• Like 6
  • Up 3

I was going to write a long response to this one, but then I realized that @breals said pretty much everything I had on my mind about the matter. 

If I may add my two cents about AI replacing humans: 

I don't fear that AI will steal real jobs anytime soon. This is relatively simple: AI is great at tedious, repetitive tasks. The moment you need creativity or personality, AI sucks.

Take AI voiceovers, for example. Some people in the industry think that AI voiceovers will begin to take away our work in a few short years. I don't. Why? Because the people using AI voices would never spend money on quality in the first place. If AI voices weren't a thing, they would just use text or read the script with their bad USB microphone themselves.

And even if AI voices have become really good, they can't even begin to resemble a real voiceover actor. The reason is the "actor" part of the word. The AI voice is easy to understand, sure, and it doesn't hurt to listen to it anymore as it did back in the Microsoft Sam days. But it removes the human factor altogether.

It's flat and soulless. Even the voices that do get inflections right inject them in the wrong place. Will it get better? Of course. But the human nuance will always be a thing, and AI will probably not get there in my lifetime. 

It's just one example of how the human touch can't easily be replaced. At least not at the moment. Perhaps it will, one day. 

I believe that AI will grab a lot of the technical tasks in the coming years. Innovation begins with creativity, and I think the creative fields will be where freelancers thrive in the years to come. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 6
  • Up 3

@smashradio  this is one of those debates that are best had in the sun supping a pint of beer.  I think that none of us can predict the future. But, whichever way it goes it is going to be very interesting.  

Either the fun of Ready Player One. or the apocalypse of  Terminator! 

Popcorn at the ready!

Breals

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, breals said:

@smashradio  this is one of those debates that are best had in the sun supping a pint of beer.  I think that none of us can predict the future. But, whichever way it goes it is going to be very interesting.  

Either the fun of Ready Player One. or the apocalypse of  Terminator! 

Popcorn at the ready!

Breals

Exciting times for sure. I'm inclined towards Terminator. Time to prime those nukes and plant a garden. Gasmasks at the ready!

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, breals said:

The beauty of Artificial intelligence though is that it works to a consistent standard and it is completely unbiased.

The output could still be biased if it was trained on biased data (or depending how it was programmed).

• Like 9

AI is both awesome and fearsome; like many if not any other tools, it depends on what people do with it.

Regarding freelancing specifically, and my niche, but it probably translates to many other niches, it could, can, and does get used very advantageously, freeing up more of the time and resources of the freelancer for things that AI does *not* do well, and could thus lead to better output and a prettier world in the same money and time bracket. But, in the hands of people without a vision, perspective, savvy, moral integrity, on both the client's and freelancer's side, it can also become a means of exerting pressure, a bargaining chip, or greed, the aim set on the lowest possible price, the fastest possible turnaround, instead of the highest possible quality.

Edited by miiila
  • Like 6
  • Up 4

Another 2-cents here: it also depends on what it's fed. (Garbage in, garbage out.) A lot of non-native English writers, for example, using Grammerly and okay-ing every suggestion could/will mess with future suggestions. Plus the nuances of UK, US, Aus, Can, etc. and 'voice'. (Juz try ta write 'n accent 'r dialect, an' y'all git issues.)

• Like 3
  • Up 2

@imagination7413  A good point.  I personally think that the thinktanks that are producing this information do have an agenda in mind. I just don't know what it is. One thing I do know is that technology is moving at a quicker pace than it ever has done.  I read somewhere that in a technology related degree, what you study in year one will be out of date by the time you graduate.? Therefore, what we class as AI now in 2022 could be completely different in 5-10 years time.  I guess the point I was trying to get at in my post is that we don't know what will happen, but we all have a vested interest in continuing our path of life long learning in case 'something' happens. This is never a bad thing as it keeps us all on our toes and keeps the innovative ahead of the pack.

Breals 

• Like 4