What if I deliver a Very Late delivery, when the request dispute is still opened?

sashaahsn

Question

Hi, fiverr forum.

I want to ask if I should deliver a very late delivery, meanwhile the request dispute (extend delivery time) is still opened? I'm already done with the work now, but the buyer hasn't responded to my request dispute. I'm waiting for a response to be able to deliver my order, in case I'll get very late order ratings. Does anyone knows how to solve this? Thank you.

• Like 10

3 answers to this question

It its late, it's late. If the dispute is open, the buyer haven't responded to it yet, meaning that the original deadline still applies. 

You could explain the situation to the buyer and hope that they respond, but holding on to the work would be bad customer service, even though the order is late. If you have lots of orders, a single late order wouldn't harm you too much. If you only receive a few orders every week or month, you should be more careful, since it would cause your on-time delivery rate to drop considerably. It's counted as the percentage of orders delivered on time in the past 60 days. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, smashradio said:

It its late, it's late. If the dispute is open, the buyer haven't responded to it yet, meaning that the original deadline still applies.

I always thought that extending the delivery days for an order that's already late doesn't matter, because late is late? If I recall correctly this was also mentioned in the Help Center, but now I can't find this information there anymore. Does that mean Fiverr has changed it? 🤔

• Like 4