Can I ask a question about iPhone 13 here ?

lilychinadancer

HI, not sure if it's a right place to ask this question . But thanks anyway .  I meat a problem with my iPhone 13 when I take video with it . I used a photo taking software in the SMS interface, ( As shown in the figure ) , when I approach my cell phone , as photo A , everything all right . But when I stay just a little far from my phone, there will be a dark shadow on my head , as photo B .  Anyone knows what's problem with it ? How to fix it ?  If you know any idea just let me know , thanks very very much 🙂 .   Best regards  from Lily  .

0.jpg

2.jpg

1111.png

2222.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, lilychinadancer said:

. But when I stay just a little far from my phone, there will be a dark shadow on my head , as photo

It seems like a software problem. You should contact and send the query directly to the software dev team.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, prosjs said:

It seems like a software problem. You should contact and send the query directly to the software dev team.

HI, thanks very much for   prosjs for the reply . But I don't know how to contact the software dev team ? Because that software is in my phone SMS , I didn't download it on my own initiative . 

• Like 7
  • Up 1

2 hours ago, asifhassanantue said:

Always happy to help. I hope you will get the solution very soon. 

I had called the Apple Technology Service Center today and told them the problems already, they will contact me back again after one more day , because they need time to do test to find out the idea to fix my problems . We will see what happen 🙂 

• Like 8

On 7/24/2022 at 7:29 PM, lilychinadancer said:

I used a photo taking software in the SMS interface, ( As shown in the figure ) , when I approach my cell phone , as photo A , everything all right . But when I stay just a little far from my phone, there will be a dark shadow on my head , as photo B .  Anyone knows what's problem with it ? How to fix it ?  If you know any idea just let me know , thanks very very much 🙂 .   Best regards  from Lily  .

Hi Lily, I'm not an iOS expert, but I did reach out to my friend Yoav who is good with Apple devices. Here's what he said:

1. You are using the iOS message app to create your Memoji.

2. The issue is caused by your background - when you move backwards, the iOS software is trying to compensate and remove the background behind you. It's doing a bad job.

Unfortunately Yoav doesn't have a iPhone 13 to try this out on (and I'm an Android user), so this is his recommendation to you:

Try using different backgrounds (a flat green one will work the best - you can use green paper or a green sheet as well).

Hopefully this will solve your issue. If not, you can refer to these articles here (or wait until Apple support gets back with you). Good luck! 🙂

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-make-a-memoji/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208986

• Like 9

1 hour ago, lilychinadancer said:

I had called the Apple Technology Service Center today and told them the problems already, they will contact me back again after one more day , because they need time to do test to find out the idea to fix my problems . We will see what happen 🙂 

Great. This is some kind of progress. 

• Like 6

12 hours ago, vickieito said:

Hi Lily, I'm not an iOS expert, but I did reach out to my friend Yoav who is good with Apple devices. Here's what he said:

1. You are using the iOS message app to create your Memoji.

2. The issue is caused by your background - when you move backwards, the iOS software is trying to compensate and remove the background behind you. It's doing a bad job.

Unfortunately Yoav doesn't have a iPhone 13 to try this out on (and I'm an Android user), so this is his recommendation to you:

Try using different backgrounds (a flat green one will work the best - you can use green paper or a green sheet as well).

Hopefully this will solve your issue. If not, you can refer to these articles here (or wait until Apple support gets back with you). Good luck! 🙂

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-make-a-memoji/

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208986

HI, thanks very much  for Vickieito for the great help . About the backgrounds, few days ago , I already tried with some different backgrounds , on green screen , outdoor , and on the backgrounds as sample pictures here . Also tried with different face/animal face , still got this problem . And thank you for those links , I will spend time to reading them out . 🙂

• Like 6

On 7/26/2022 at 12:27 AM, lilychinadancer said:

Hi @lilychinadancer, Has Apple gotten back with you yet? I'm curious to see what their solution is!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, vickieito said:

Hi @lilychinadancer, Has Apple gotten back with you yet? I'm curious to see what their solution is!

HI, I haven't get the call from Apple yet , maybe tomorrow afternoon , that's what they promised.  They need time to use same  type of mobile phone to check the problem first , and see if they also get the same problem or not , and then find out the idea to fix to me . I will continue to follow up this topic if I get a solution 🙂 

• Like 6

HI, again, vickieito . They had called me today , and ask me to send a sample video about how the problem looks like ( I had showed them pictures one day ago) , but they need more informations , also send them my phone " Diagnostic log" to their engineers ,they need time again to check the problem, and will contact me again next Tuesday . I asked whether they have used the same kind of phone  for testing? They said different one, then I said if you use different one , how to know this kind of phone get the same problems ? ..... etc , how ever , I have to wait again for few more days  ...... 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1