Is doing voice over for a school project prohibited by TOS?

nicks_voice

Question

I understand the Fiverr TOS states it’s against the rules to offer academic work, but if a buyer sends a script for a voice over gig and mentions it’s for a school assignment/project and that they’d like a voice over for the script, is this specifically against TOS?

• Like 4

5 answers to this question

11 hours ago, smashradio said:

The terms are rather unspecific about it. The only line about academic work in the terms state that gigs "offering to prepare academic works on behalf of buyers" can be removed, as can the sellers offering them.

The question is: what is academic work? Would a student business working on creating a commercial be "academic"? Or would the process of ordering a voice-over be considered part of the learning experience? The "no academic" rule was, as I understand it, put in place to avoid that Fiverr became a platform where students could cheat by hiring sellers to do their homework or assignments. 

If I were you, I'd contact customer support and make absolutely sure that this would be ok. 

It would also be great if you can share the response from them here, as that would be useful information to have. 

Support got back. Basically the answer is if it’s a student asking for help in any type of way with an assignment, don’t do it.

• Like 6
  • Up 1

12 minutes ago, nicks_voice said:

I understand the Fiverr TOS states it’s against the rules to offer academic work, but if a buyer sends a script for a voice over gig and mentions it’s for a school assignment/project and that they’d like a voice over for the script, is this specifically against TOS?

The terms are rather unspecific about it. The only line about academic work in the terms state that gigs "offering to prepare academic works on behalf of buyers" can be removed, as can the sellers offering them.

The question is: what is academic work? Would a student business working on creating a commercial be "academic"? Or would the process of ordering a voice-over be considered part of the learning experience? The "no academic" rule was, as I understand it, put in place to avoid that Fiverr became a platform where students could cheat by hiring sellers to do their homework or assignments. 

If I were you, I'd contact customer support and make absolutely sure that this would be ok. 

It would also be great if you can share the response from them here, as that would be useful information to have. 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 2