Important Suggestions for Fiverr Inbox

Hey everyone!

I'd like to be able to search for specific buyer types via filters and sorting options.

Let's say I want to send a special offer to a specific group of buyers.

Eg.

• Buyers who purchased my Lyrics and Melody gig in 2022.
  • Repeat buyers of my Vocal Recording gig, all time.
  • Buyer's who've purchased over $1000 in orders from me, within the last 2 years.
  • etc.

To do this now, I'd have to keep a separate spreadsheet that I update with each message I receive and order I complete. Or I'd have to spend hours scanning my inbox, and building lists of buyers with various criteria.

Currently we only have broad filters like Spam, All Messages, Unread, etc. And you can only use one filter at a time.

We need more detailed search filters that can be used in different combinations.

Think of Amazon's search functionality, where you can filter by price range, department and brand at the same time.

Imagine how useful it would be to be able to search inbox messages in this way!

Some filter examples:

• Total Value Purchased (Range)
  • Date of purchase (Range)
  • Number of Orders purchased
  • Specific Gig Offer
  • Custom Orders Purchased
  • Purchased from Gig Page
  • Basic, Standard or Premium purchased.
  • Unaccepted Custom Offers
  • etc.

It would also be really helpful to be able to sort your inbox messages the way you would in any file management system. (Sort by Buyer's number of purchases, sort by buyer name alphabetically, sort by gig, etc. 

These would be indispensable tools in organizing client relations. 

I'd love to hear about other Seller's ideas for Filter types and Sort options, as well as use cases for this functionality that I haven't thought of.

• Like 4

I know this has been suggested in general in other topics, but I wanted to surface this as it's own topic because I believe that it is that important. Having no way to search through my inbox (line I have been able to do with email since pretty much the dawn of email) is a real pain for me, and means less business for me and for Fiverr. If I have a request for a project, that I don't think can technically be done at the time, but a solution presents itself 6 months later, I would like to be able to find that client and tell them that I think I have a solution to their issue. What that entails now is just searching through all the messages I have from every buyer, attempting to find the right conversation. It is a real waste of time.

If a search function can not come in the very near future, then I suggest allowing us sellers to download our inboxes as a searchable PDF or as a text file. While not as good as a searchable inbox, it would at least save me a tremendous amount of time with trying to find old requests.

Thanks

• Like 2

I only struggle with keeping my browser open or checking my phone everytime I recieve a message or an update. Working on computer requires many hours of focusing on the order, and I can't check my phone from time to time as I will end up checking other notifications too (sometimes), and closing the browser or cleaning it requires you to login again or save your login info which I don't prefer it. Having a desktop app like messenger, whatsapp or telegram will make it easier. They can also add security pin or something similar (Fingerprint, facial recognition ... depending on the available hardware), that would really make things easier!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It says I have an unread message when I've scrolled through the entire page of messages.  Why?  Because it hasn't been fixed and nobody seems to care enough to fix it.  Now imagine how many times millions of users are having their time wasted by this every day.  Imagine the thousands and thousands of hours of wasted time because of this problem.  Hopefully someone there will wake up.  Do you not realize how unprofessional this makes your tech people look when they let a glaring error like this be so obvious?  No doubt its been like this for a long, long time.  Nobody cared. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

For the Fiverr messaging system: sometimes, when replying to messages, we accidentally press send too early and then have to do a follow-up message, instead of saying everything in one message as we would like, or we make a small mistake when typing, then have to follow-up with the correction.

It would be great to have an “undo send” feature so that we can undo a sent message up to 5 or 10 seconds after sending. Gmail has this feature, in case you want to look more into it: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2819488?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

• Like 3

While I see why this can be useful, and I don't disagree with the idea, the solution to this is simple. Read your message before sending it. Twice. Or even better, write your message elsewhere and copy it into your inbox. 

Being purposeful when typing and proofreading before sending will fix this issue. 

• Like 3
  • Up 1

19 minutes ago, smashradio said:

While I see why this can be useful, and I don't disagree with the idea, the solution to this is simple.

I have the send set, so the message does not go until I select the send icon. Then I will not accidentally send a message too soon.

Screenshot2023-03-14at9_10_24AM.png.908ecde6a1c2b242cde40c86c2da0aaa.png

21 minutes ago, smashradio said:

Or even better, write your message elsewhere and copy it into your inbox. 

I do this for longer messages.  

• Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Fiverr community,

I wanted to suggest a new feature for the platform that I believe would be very helpful for all users. Currently, we cannot edit our messages after we have posted them. This can be problematic if we are in a rush and make a mistake, or if we simply want to clarify something that we didn't explain well enough in the first message.

That's why I would like to request that Fiverr allows users to edit messages after they have been sent. Of course, we would need some controls and security measures in place to ensure that this feature is not abused.

One solution would be to restrict the editing time to, for example, one hour after the message has been sent. This would give users enough time to catch any mistakes or miscommunications and make the necessary edits. After that time has elapsed, the message would be locked in and cannot be edited any further.

I believe that this feature would be very useful for everyone on the platform. It would help us avoid any misunderstandings or miscommunications and ensure that our messages are clear and accurate. Additionally, it would give us more control over our conversations and allow us to make changes as needed.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this idea.

Edited by nemesisgd
title edit
  • Like 3
  • Up 1

6 minutes ago, nemesisgd said:

Hello Fiverr community,

I wanted to suggest a new feature for the platform that I believe would be very helpful for all users. Currently, we cannot edit our messages after we have posted them. This can be problematic if we are in a rush and make a mistake, or if we simply want to clarify something that we didn't explain well enough in the first message.

That's why I would like to request that Fiverr allows users to edit messages after they have been sent. Of course, we would need some controls and security measures in place to ensure that this feature is not abused.

One solution would be to restrict the editing time to, for example, one hour after the message has been sent. This would give users enough time to catch any mistakes or miscommunications and make the necessary edits. After that time has elapsed, the message would be locked in and cannot be edited any further.

I believe that this feature would be very useful for everyone on the platform. It would help us avoid any misunderstandings or miscommunications and ensure that our messages are clear and accurate. Additionally, it would give us more control over our conversations and allow us to make changes as needed.

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this idea.

Hello too

So it is difficult for you to follow the Fiverr's rules? That's what you meant to say? 

• Like 3

It lets me edit posts after posting for a certain amount of time. It might depend on your forum stats whether you can edit it or how long you have to edit it. Maybe the longer you've been a forum member (and if you've made more posts) then it gives you a bit longer to edit posts/enables editing after posting.

Though it would be good if we could have a lot longer to edit it (eg. days or maybe weeks or more) eg. if we find a mistake (not just a spelling mistake, maybe an incorrect fact) then we could fix it.

Edited by uk1000
  • Like 4

• nemesisgd changed the title to New Feature Request/Suggestion : Allow Editing of Messages After Posting
  • 3 weeks later...

Sometimes we need to reply to specific client messages. But at this moment we can't do that. But it seems really important to have a feature like this so that we can reply to a specific client message like WhatsApp or other chatting apps.

• Like 1