guide me as a new seller

momin_uz_zaman

Question

hi everyone,

i am new seller on fiverr. i have published several gigs. i believe that i have added proper keywords to the gig. but it has been more than a month but no client has knocked me for word i only got a client by buyer request. 

what should i do to make a good progress? how can i get more orders?

• Like 9

5 answers to this question

48 minutes ago, momin_uz_zaman said:

hi everyone,

i am new seller on fiverr. i have published several gigs. i believe that i have added proper keywords to the gig. but it has been more than a month but no client has knocked me for word i only got a client by buyer request. 

what should i do to make a good progress? how can i get more orders?

You're in a competitive niche with hundreds of thousands of other sellers competing for space in the search results. 

The best way to make good progress is to impress the buyers you get. So if you're getting some orders from Buyer Requests, you should do absolutely everything you can to make your buyers happy, feel safe, and excited about the results you bring to the table. 

Some tips to achieve that: 

• Become better at communication. Take English classes, learn more about customer support, and how to talk to your clients. 
  • Keep improving your gigs with thumbnails, videos, gig descriptions, and so on in mind. When you become better at communicating, you also become better at those things. 
  • Over-deliver: if your gig promises to do something, do more. Surprise your buyers by doing more than you need to. Never do the bare minimum, but go above and beyond for each buyer. 
  • Keep buyers updated along the way. Update them on the progress, ask questions if you're unsure, and make your buyer feel safe about picking you. 
  • Always deliver on time. Respond fast to messages.

If you do those things and you're good at what you do, you'll increase the "buyer satisfaction rate." 

When you complete an order, the buyer gets to leave two reviews: one public and one for Fiverr. They will be asked to answer questions like whether or not the project was useful for them if the delivery was poor, as expected, or better than expected, and so on. The last one (private review) is not visible to you or anyone else. It's used to calculate how satisfied your buyers are. 

Increasing your buyer satisfaction rate is key to getting orders. If it's high, you'll become more visible on the platform. You'll also get access to more features, and you're more likely to get badges like Fiverr's Choice or Rising Talent. 

Your gig titles are a bit boring. You might want to improve them further. For example, if I'm going to start an online store and hire a web designer, I probably don't know what Ocean WP or Martfury theme means. 

On your profile, you're lying about your English skills. That's not a good idea. You claim to be fluent, while in fact, you're not. Your English isn't terrible, but it's not fluent. Saying things like "no client has knocked me" is a dead giveaway. 

I see you passed some skill tests. But that's entirely different from being fluent. Never, ever misrepresent your skills. Read:

Here's another guide you should read, including all the guides linked to in the first post: 

Edited by smashradio
  • Like 13

7 hours ago, rudra_dey said:

Can you check my profile please.

Thanks.

Much of the same I said to the OP applies to you and everyone else. In addition, I would refine my design skills if I were you. Your gig images does not look very professional, so I'm sure there's room for improvement. Try taking some classes on current design trends. 

I would also work on my gig descriptions and profile descriptions. Even though perfect English isn't an absolute must in your niche, having perfect grammar and well-written gig descriptions can help you land more sales. So I recommend taking English courses, writing courses or hiring a professional proofreader/writer to help you. There's nothing wrong with using other professionals in the areas you don't know much about, like writing. 

On a final note: never offer unlimited revisions. This opens you up to abuse from difficult buyers who will take advantage of you and make you work for free. It also makes you look less professional in my opinion, since no real professional would ever work for free. 

7 hours ago, rudra_dey said:

Thanks.

First: the things I wrote about buyer satisfaction applies to all sellers. So read and understand my first post in addition to these tips. 

I immediately reacted badly to your tagline: I can express my thoughts visually

A buyer doesn't want you to express your thoughts, but theirs. Better to focus on the buyer and what they need. You need to show the buyer that you understand them. 

Your gig thumbnails look great, but they might not work well to land sales. 

Look at some of the successful sellers in your category for inspiration (but don't copy them). 

image.png.9b2755505d5639b751cbd4ed17508dc2.png

See how they are in-your-face and immediately grabs your attention, while using big fonts to tell the buyer what the service is about? 

On another note: I would charge more than five bucks. Charging only five dollars will come across as cheap (and cheap = low quality). Fiverr likes higher priced gigs. As you can see, the top gigs are not five-dollar gigs. I checked page on in the category for brochure design. Not a single gig is priced at five bucks. 

Best of luck!

• Like 7

10 hours ago, smashradio said:

You're in a competitive niche with hundreds of thousands of other sellers competing for space in the search results. 

The best way to make good progress is to impress the buyers you get. So if you're getting some orders from Buyer Requests, you should do absolutely everything you can to make your buyers happy, feel safe, and excited about the results you bring to the table. 

• Become better at communication. Take English classes, learn more about customer support, and how to talk to your clients. 
  • Keep improving your gigs with thumbnails, videos, gig descriptions, and so on in mind. When you become better at communicating, you also become better at those things. 
  • Over-deliver: if your gig promises to do something, do more. Surprise your buyers by doing more than you need to. Never do the bare minimum, but go above and beyond for each buyer. 
  • Keep buyers updated along the way. Update them on the progress, ask questions if you're unsure, and make your buyer feel safe about picking you. 

If you do those things and you're good at what you do, you'll increase the "buyer satisfaction rate." 

When you complete an order, the buyer gets to leave two reviews: one public and one for Fiverr. They will be asked to answer questions like whether or not the project was useful for them if the delivery was poor, as expected, or better than expected, and so on. The last one (private review) is not visible to you or anyone else. It's used to calculate how satisfied your buyers are. 

Increasing your buyer satisfaction rate is key to getting orders. If it's high, you'll become more visible on the platform. You'll also get access to more features, and you're more likely to get badges like Fiverr's Choice or Rising Talent. 

Your gig titles are a bit boring. You might want to improve them further. For example, if I'm going to start an online store and hire a web designer, I probably don't know what Ocean WP or Martfury theme means. 

On your profile, you're lying about your English skills. That's not a good idea. You claim to be fluent, while in fact, you're not. Your English isn't terrible, but it's not fluent. Saying things like "no client has knocked me" is a dead giveaway. 

I see you passed some skill tests. But that's entirely different from being fluent. Never, ever misrepresent your skills. Read:

Here's another guide you should read, including all the guides linked to in the first post: 

Can you check my profile and give me some guidance too?

Thanks

• Like 6

13 hours ago, smashradio said:

Thanks.

• Like 5