Is this a legitimate job to do?

rupa16

Hi,

Recently, I have got orders with the requirement to earn the buyer money from some unknown websites by typing CAPTCHA, surveys, watching videos as well by following youtube videos, etc. Now there is a new kind of scam that involves posting affiliate spam links on different forums.

The video instruction is to make $800 daily by copy-pasting links on different platforms which will be like posting spam and it violates Fiverr TOS. Can a person make free money of $800 free?

Below is the video instruction given by the buyer to be followed exactly: 

Doe not this kind of jobs violates the TOS of Fiverr? Please suggest.

Mod edit: video removed

Thanks for the reply @frank_d. I have asked the CS but they are saying that this is allowed. However, in the past I have contacted Fiverr and they cancelled such orders stating that this type of works violate TOS of Fiverr. Is this not contradictory?

Please suggest as this type of job cancellation really affects the stats. and number of such projects are increasing.

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 7.26.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 7.26.32 PM.png

24 minutes ago, rupa16 said:

Thanks for the reply @frank_d. I have asked the CS but they are saying that this is allowed. However, in the past I have contacted Fiverr and they cancelled such orders stating that this type of works violate TOS of Fiverr. Is this not contradictory?

Please suggest as this type of job cancellation really affects the stats. and number of such projects are increasing.

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 7.26.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 7.26.32 PM.png

To the best of my knowledge this doesn’t violate Fiverr’s “community standards” but it does violate 3rd party ToS .

Hence past cancellations.

If you want to keep risking your account’s status, hoping this won’t lead to more cancellations, then by all means continue down this path.

This is your choice.

33 minutes ago, frank_d said:

To the best of my knowledge this doesn’t violate Fiverr’s “community standards” but it does violate 3rd party ToS .

Hence past cancellations.

If you want to keep risking your account’s status, hoping this won’t lead to more cancellations, then by all means continue down this path.

This is your choice.

Actually, those past cancellations are done through Fiverr CS after I raised tickets for help and they had acknowledged them as those violate TOS. But this time CS is stating that this type of work is fine to do. 

That's why I am saying this is contradictory from Fiverr's end. Secondly, I will not work on such orders by any means as it violates third party TOS.

@rupa16'If in doubt, leave it out!' is a sensible approach in my opinion. I wouldn't do it.

Trust your spider sense, if it seems like it might be against ToS then don't risk it.

Also, given the nature of the work, then maybe this buyer will not be great to work with / unscrupulous.

You have an established fiverr profile, lots of reviews, I don't think it's worth it.

Also, CS can and do get it wrong occasionally, they are only human 🙂 

3 minutes ago, rupa16 said:

I have already sent the buyer the cancellation request.

Ah shame, as this will hit your stats if they've submitted requirements.

I think in future you could message CS and say the buyer has requested you complete a job that is a ToS violation on another platform.

I think/hope CS would cancel it for you without stat impact.

51 minutes ago, frank_d said:

9 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Also, CS can and do get it wrong occasionally, they are only human 🙂 

Seems like that's the thing to me. I'm not sure why they bring up the Community Standards here. The relevant thing here is the ToS, and anything that breaks a 3rd party's ToS, is unlawful, illegal, etc., is against Fiverr's ToS. ToS and Community Standards may, and certainly do, partly overlap, but are two different things, as this quote from the ToS shows:

To report a violation of our Terms of Service and/or our Community Standards, 

22 minutes ago, williambryan392 said:

Ah shame, as this will hit your stats if they've submitted requirements.

I think in future you could message CS and say the buyer has requested you complete a job that is a ToS violation on another platform.

I think/hope CS would cancel it for you without stat impact.

Thanks. for understanding my point.

19 minutes ago, miiila said:

Seems like that's the thing to me. I'm not sure why they bring up the Community Standards here. The relevant thing here is the ToS, and anything that breaks a 3rd party's ToS, is unlawful, illegal, etc., is against Fiverr's ToS. ToS and Community Standards may, and certainly do, partly overlap, but are two different things, as this quote from the ToS shows:

True.

Archived