Am I actually communicating with the real seller advertised or is this someone who works for Fiverr & then subcontracts/

mrhifihifi

Question

As a buyer, Am I actually communicating with the real seller advertised or is this someone who works for Fiverr & then subcontracts to someone else? My gut feeling is I am not communicating directly with the actual person selling but someone who works for Fiverr.  Am I wrong? The replies to questions, particularly before I hire, seem canned, short, rehearsed stock language & not the language of a real person but some Fiverr employee. Am I being paranoid?

3 answers to this question

Fiverr employees don’t take or handle any clients or orders 

If you messaged a seller from their gig then it’s a person himself. However there are some accounts that are managed as team but if you are concerned you can ask a seller directly if they are a team of people/individual or if they will be subcontracting your work. 

Thanks its just very suspicious by the cold robotic responses from sellers that don't feel like they're coming from an actual human being. I've had 3 experiences with Fiverr. One excellent, one OK and the other one terrible beyond belief.  In 2 of these cases the communication from the seller lacked any kind of warmth & feeling. I still have my doubts.

2 hours ago, mrhifihifi said:

The replies to questions, particularly before I hire, seem canned, short, rehearsed stock language & not the language of a real person but some Fiverr employee.

That can happen if the person you're talking to struggles with English (many Fiverr sellers are not native English speakers and come from different cultures, and might not know how to communicate in English properly).

Archived