Buyer wants a logo that looks exactly like a famous brand

ahmedfarrag93

Question

Hello. I am a Graphic Designer and logo creator. I had a client recently request a logo and I have proposed 3 different concepts that he "didn't like". But he shared a logo of a famous brand and he is so fixed on wanting one that looks exactly like it.

Would this put me at risk in any shape or form, and how do I handle the situation?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ahmedfarrag93 said:

Hello. I am a Graphic Designer and logo creator. I had a client recently request a logo and I have proposed 3 different concepts that he "didn't like". But he shared a logo of a famous brand and he is so fixed on wanting one that looks exactly like it.

Would this put me at risk in any shape or form, and how do I handle the situation?

Change the shape and form of the logo as much as you can. Change the color also. And clearly say the client that the logo will be matched with the brand.

Maybe this brand is not so popular that's why he's wanting his logo similar to some popular brand logo.

14 hours ago, ahmedfarrag93 said:

Would this put me at risk in any shape or form

Yes. Possible risks include lawsuit for copyright infringement and getting permanently banned from Fiverr.

14 hours ago, ahmedfarrag93 said:

how do I handle the situation?

Try politely explaining to your buyer that what they're asking from you is illegal. If they're still fixated on another brand's logo, cancel the order.

Archived